Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2007, 10:12 AM

21 posts, read 75,573 times

Advertisements

I've posted recently about Cary neighborhoods, but with a change in my husband's job we can possibly branch out into other parts of Raleigh. We like ITB, but the size of the homes in our budget are just too small. We really like the area around Laurel Hills. Does anyone know any good neighborhoods around that area for single family homes under $300K? We're not against doing a little work--we enjoy the character of older, more traditional homes, with actual yards. First-do you know the avg. price of a home in Laurel Hills? Also, what are some other neighborhoods available in that area in our price range? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 11:17 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,110,414 times
check out Oak Park and Laurel Hills. They back up to each other at the new expanded Greenway next to Crabtree Creek. Houses on average between 2K and 3K depending on size. They are similar neighborhoods as far as age, size, lots etc. Oak Park also has a neighborhood pool. I was browsing homes in Oak Park yesterday and saw the house that was directly behind ours when we lived was for sale for $269K. It's a very nice house on a quiet street, walking distance from the pool and has a decent sized yard.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
check out Oak Park and Laurel Hills. They back up to each other at the new expanded Greenway next to Crabtree Creek. Houses on average between 2K and 3K depending on size. They are similar neighborhoods as far as age, size, lots etc. Oak Park also has a neighborhood pool. I was browsing homes in Oak Park yesterday and saw the house that was directly behind ours when we lived was for sale for $269K. It's a very nice house on a quiet street, walking distance from the pool and has a decent sized yard.
Good. we were driving around Laurel Hills and saw many new, very large homes being built and weren't sure if we were out of our price range. Unfortunately, there wasn't really anything for sale in the neighborhood.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:00 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ander013 View Post
I've posted recently about Cary neighborhoods, but with a change in my husband's job we can possibly branch out into other parts of Raleigh. We like ITB, but the size of the homes in our budget are just too small. We really like the area around Laurel Hills. Does anyone know any good neighborhoods around that area for single family homes under $300K? We're not against doing a little work--we enjoy the character of older, more traditional homes, with actual yards. First-do you know the avg. price of a home in Laurel Hills? Also, what are some other neighborhoods available in that area in our price range? Thanks!
You might look in Brookhaven or Meredith Woods.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:13 PM

I was trying so hard to remember the name of Brookhaven! I could picture it but could not remember the name of it for the life of it me. It's very nice back there but in our own home search found the homes there a little more expensive than the ones in Oak Park and Laurel Hills. Meredith Woods is very nice too.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
You might look in Brookhaven or Meredith Woods.
Is Brookhaven in our price range? Several people I work with have homes there but are quite pricey. It's really a nice older neighborhood.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:28 AM

you might find something back there for around 300K. I think Laurel Hills or Oak Park would be a better bang for your buck. Have you checked Meredith Woods? It's nice back there as well and I think the homes there are in a very desireable location.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:03 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ander013 View Post
Is Brookhaven in our price range? Several people I work with have homes there but are quite pricey. It's really a nice older neighborhood.
To get anything in the sub-$300,000 range, you will shop hard.
And I only mention it because you said you would consider a fixer.
You might be able to grab the bottom rung on the ladder into a great location/neighborhood.

When the house hits the market, you need to be ready to strike. That is not the time to shop for money.
Have all your ducks in a row and take the plunge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary