Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 05:35 PM

4,478 posts, read 11,627,656 times

Advertisements

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Lesser price ranges would have EITHER a stand up shower AND a tub OR a garden tub with a shower.Vicki
Exactly.. in my price range (low $200's) I've never seen a super size/super nice shower. It'd be a real plus for me though!

Now that I've read through all these comments I'd really just like to rip out my dusty never used garden tub and claustrophobic stand up shower and replace it with a great shower. Probably won't happen, but I can dream. Heck, even if the garden tub had a shower (like my previous house in Apex), that'd be an improvement. Oh well, I'll keep buying lottery tickets. :-)

edit: I take it back.. MLS # 1790885 for sale in my neighborhood for $219K has an amazing looking shower. I know they had to remove the garden tub to put that in - I'd love to know who did that work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 05:50 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,295,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
There are certain price ranges that you would expect to have both.

Lesser price ranges would have EITHER a stand up shower AND a tub OR a garden tub with a shower.

I think we may have beat this one to death!!!

Vicki
Yep. I suspect so.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:56 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,789,472 times
Master baths without tubs are the wave of the future, the next big thing so to speak.

As our population continues to age, tubs will continue to fall out of favor for safety concerns.

Big walk in/roll in showers are growing in popularity.

As long as there is a tub somewhere else in the home a seller should be fine

Old 09-30-2012, 07:34 PM

71 posts, read 180,737 times
I was out Parade'ing today and I know I saw at least 1 house that had a larger shower and no tub in the master. It was a basic vinyl type of shower-so not fancy, but I was happy to see that it did not have a tub too. I believe it was on the lower end of pricing.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:34 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,295,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Master baths without tubs are the wave of the future, the next big thing so to speak.

As our population continues to age, tubs will continue to fall out of favor for safety concerns.

I'm not looking forward to this particular wave. I find tubs incredibly relaxing.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:29 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,564,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

True LM ! As long as there is another bath tub in the home, the newer type showers are being installed on a regular basis in many remodels.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:31 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,161,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I'm not looking forward to this particular wave. I find tubs incredibly relaxing.
Agreed. Especially if you wash off before soaking in the tub which unfortunately is difficult to do in most American bathrooms.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:12 AM

19,447 posts, read 27,880,463 times
I don't know. . . a lot of those aging baby boomers are already complaining about their arthritis and how warm water baths help ease their aching joints.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:23 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,564,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I don't know. . . a lot of those aging baby boomers are already complaining about their arthritis and how warm water baths help ease their aching joints.

Let's say a person has even moderate to severe arthritis, and/or has had hip surgery, or back surgery. There is no way the doc will release them to the home (especally if they live alone), because they cannot safely get in or out of a bathtub. Even if there is a bath chair in there, the person has to maneuver to get in and out safely. And you don't have to be elderly to have a broken bone or serious surgery. It can happen at any age.

A very high percentage of "tub only" homes end up having at least one bath remodel job done for the above reason, very costly. That is why builders are putting in both a tub and walk in shower in many homes (and not necessarily a garden tub, they take up too much room and are usually an option).

I haven't seen a hospital or a rehab center that has tubs, have you?

If you plan to be without health problems, then hang out in the tub all you want. Walk in showers are a safety thing; and we are beating this subject to a faretheewell.

Last edited by QuilterChick; 10-01-2012 at 08:29 AM..

Old 10-01-2012, 07:27 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,955,031 times
A large whirlpool tub is great for soaking away your aches and pains from beating a dead horse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary