Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2012, 12:17 PM

9 posts, read 27,038 times

Advertisements

I was looking to sign my 8 year old (October birthday) up for Fall Baseball. We live in Central Raleigh. I found West Raleigh and GAYSL (Garner). Any other options for Fall Baseball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 12:23 PM

600 posts, read 1,221,503 times
We do North Wake County Baseball and were very happy with the program. It is in Wake Forest so that may be out of your range. Wilder's Grove is also a possibility. Many people love them but we were a bit annoyed personally.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:04 PM

22,672 posts, read 36,820,982 times
We had looked into N. Wake but too far from us in Cary. West Raleigh is fairly competitive and you must try out; big time commitment too. Cary and Apex have rec leagues; you may not find them up to par (especially Cary which is machine pitch till age 11) depending where you are from and what you are used to. I'm sure all the towns/cities have rec leagues, but if you want something a bit more competitive you are looking at West Raleigh or North Wake.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:20 PM

75 posts, read 301,596 times
It all depends on what you want. As others have stated, West Raleigh baseball is the most competitive and you must try out. GBI baseball (Garner) and North Wake baseball also have pretty competitive baseball programs and the kids will progress quite a bit. If you are looking for more of a laid back atmosphere where there will be a wide range of skills, there is GAYSL (Garner) and area parks and recreation.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:45 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,545,261 times
West raleigh fall registration ends on Aug 1 and tryouts are Aug 4th. If you signup and do not make a team they will refund your money. The league is very competitive, but there are still a wide range of skill sets at that age range. Have played one spring season and in general the pitchers either throw fast or accurate but not both and as the season goes along the ones who throw slower (but more accurately) tend to get hit more as the batters catch up.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:15 AM

9 posts, read 27,038 times
Think we are going to try GAYSL and then decide where to go from there. He's still young and we're not ready for the super competitive. I hope it will be good.
Thanks!

Old 08-03-2012, 12:56 PM

600 posts, read 1,221,503 times
Good luck, hope he has a ball. FWIW, my son was the worst on his team in North Wake this Spring and everyone was great to him - kids, coaches, and parents. I think a lot of it is just luck of the draw on who winds up on your team. We had very supportive parents which was great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary