Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 07:27 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,485,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
haha you know I'm from NJ originally and I don't get it either. Pizza is one of those foods that seems to adapt with ease to whatever area it's in and still taste good. When I visited South Korea I had a pizza that had sweet potatoes and shrimp on it. An odd combination but it still tasted pretty good. The nice thing about this area is that you have all different sorts of pizza being served and you're not forced into getting just one type. I'm still waiting for the day an Indian pizza shop opens up in Morrisville
Ooooh! Indian pizza.

ZPizza has a curry chicken and yam pizza that's pretty tasty.

You're right, though. Pizza is like pasta. You can have SO many varieties of dishes and they're still pasta dishes.

I think this reference to "pizza" is misleading because it is a certain type of pizza that folks are looking for. That type is what I shall blanketly refer to as "favorite."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 07:35 AM

5,765 posts, read 17,682,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Ooooh! Indian pizza.

ZPizza has a curry chicken and yam pizza that's pretty tasty.
Best pizza that I ever had was a tandoori goat pizza in Queenstown NZ.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:37 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,196,303 times
I'm really surprised we don't have one yet! We have the Indo-Chinese, now where's the Indo-Pizza?? Last time I was in California my friend brought me to this place and it was tasty stuff: Desi Indian Pizza in Fremont - Pizza and Curry

Old 07-09-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
I'm really surprised we don't have one yet! We have the Indo-Chinese, now where's the Indo-Pizza?? Last time I was in California my friend brought me to this place and it was tasty stuff: Desi Indian Pizza in Fremont - Pizza and Curry
Oooh! Looks tasty.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Best pizza that I ever had was a tandoori goat pizza in Queenstown NZ.
Now I want goat pizza.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:26 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,892,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
It must suck to move here, then. Pizza wise, I mean.

I still shudder every time I think of the red stuff they tried to pass off as BBQ when I lived in the Chicago 'burbs.

Nah, there are some places that do a pretty good job. Bella Mia is great if you want the traditional Neapolitan style.

Now you see, from this Northerners taste buds, I can't tell the difference between good eastern NC BBQ and bad because it all tastes bad to me.
TX style is more to my liking, and when I lived there, I don't think that I had any that stood far above any other.....they were all pretty tasty!

Old 07-09-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Nah, there are some places that do a pretty good job. Bella Mia is great if you want the traditional Neapolitan style.

Now you see, from this Northerners taste buds, I can't tell the difference between good eastern NC BBQ and bad because it all tastes bad to me.
TX style is more to my liking, and when I lived there, I don't think that I had any that stood far above any other.....they were all pretty tasty!
Yeah. Each type of BBQ is generally tasty (for its type, mind you) as long as it isn't excessively dry (overcooked) or greasy.

It's kinda hard to screw up BBQ, regardless of the variety. It was weird getting used to anything but vinegar-based BBQ when I moved to the Midwest, but I got used to seeing it around. It'll never be my favorite, though.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:35 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,200,826 times
There used to be an Indian place in Cary that served Indian style pizza! It's not there anymore (it used to be next to Udipi).

Old 07-09-2012, 10:45 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,758,576 times
I'm surprised no one mentioned Peppers in Chapel Hill - it used to have great made to order pizza and calzones. Not sure if its still around, but it was Lillys quality imo...

Old 07-09-2012, 10:50 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,050,341 times
Casalinga in Mini City shopping center has great pizza. New york style and sicilian. Served by the slice at lunch and by the pie at dinner. Alot of people dont realize you can order and pik up pizza there. Yum, good stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary