Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2012, 05:57 PM

24 posts, read 38,466 times

Advertisements

Can someone please recommend a primary care physician located convenient to the Watts Hillandale neighborhood in Durham? I prefer a female doctor, but that's only a very minor preference.

I called a few practices (Duke's family practice and Triangle family practice) and it seems that most of their docs are not taking new patients. At Triangle, of about 15 physicians, only ONE is taking new patients. Hard to imagine that there'd be a shortage of physicians here, but I guess that's a possibility. Either that or I'm just looking in the wrong places.

Any input is welcome. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 06:15 PM

24 posts, read 38,466 times
Default Duke Pickett Road?

Supplemental question - does anyone have any experience with the Duke Primary Care, Pickett Road practice? I looked on my insurers website, and there seem to be a number of doctors there that are taking new patients.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:22 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,962,344 times
I've been going to the Duke Family Practice on Erwin Rd for 17 years now, primarily for the convenience of the location. During that time I've had three different doctors (actually two doctors and a PA), as folks have rotated through, and I've been very happy with all three. Kind of a shot in the dark picking one, but I will say Duke has a very strong PA program, and the PAs hired into the family practice tend to be really strong.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:56 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,914,833 times
I use Dr. Rubin at Pickett Rd. She is an outstanding GP and has a great patient manner, including being supportive and positive in areas I've looked to change and improve on (like fitness.) Highly recommended, though unsure if she is taking new patients or not. In general, the Duke Pickett Rd clinic is very efficient and well-run.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:00 PM

63 posts, read 142,310 times
Quote:
Supplemental question - does anyone have any experience with the Duke Primary Care, Pickett Road practice?
I have enquired about the same couple months back at Duke and I was told that Pickett Rd practice has more physicians who are Residents and they see patients, sometimes they maybe accompanied by attending physicians. They will leave when they complete the residency program and you will see another resident.
I have the exact opinion as you that this area seems to have a shortage of primary care doctors because every Duke and UNC practice I called said that most of the physicians not accepting new patients.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:48 AM

65 posts, read 112,089 times
Have you tried Duke Family Medicine on Hillandale Road? I think some docs there are accepting new patients.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary