Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2006, 10:37 PM

22 posts, read 32,015 times

Advertisements

Miker this is a new thread - Response has been removed from previous thread - People should know these statistics. Being at the top will avail them of the information.

You have all given me a great response. Specifically I was delving into the question as to weather or not police in the Triangle are overly zealous for giving tickets. Although you responses are appreciated I already had the answer. For a person to blindly ask a question without already knowing the answer is careless.
Even though I appreciate the need for safety when driving, a person's blind following of the law leads to such things as RFID chips inserted into their children for "safety's sake" or taking your children to the mall for trick-or-treat because you are too lazy to supervise them while stealing their notions of "neighborhood" before they even know they are gone. Statistics of tickets in North Carolina are readily available on the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigations website.
The web address of the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigations is http://www.ncsbi.gov/crimestatistics/crimestatistics.jsp (broken link) . It does not pay to be a Caucasian or Black Male in either Raleigh or Cary. Following statistics are based between 01/01/2006 & 07/31/2006 on North Carolina State Bureau of Investigations statistics. The numbers associated with race are representing total tickets given in the preceding time frame. Shall we start with Cary, Caucasians (5276), Black (1113), Native American (1), Asian (214), other (225), Hispanic (673). Now we are going to move on to Raleigh, which by-the-way is quite a bit higher. Raleigh numbers are appalling, Caucasian (20,101), Black (13,728), Native American (18), Asian (597), other (363), Hispanic (3822) now I suppose we have our answer. Even though all of you observations lead to Cary as the place for tickets the real place for a just-out-of-the-oven feeling is Raleigh. Yes, I am Caucasian and I only wanted to know your perspective. Here is the reality Cary is 1/3 the size of Raleigh, yet Cary only gives ¼ the number of tickets in a seven month period of time. Hell, you are better off driving in Durham unless you are black of course, but the Caucasians better look out for the sheriff they like you more. Wake county sheriffs deputies love Hispanics so watch out there. I could go on and on, but what is the point. Learn to use the information at hand so you can respond with an intelligent answer. By the way, the southern charm seam’s to wear a bit when snide remarks are made to an inquiry. The purpose of a forum is to allow one individual to speak their mind while others listen than give a critical response be it positive or negative. We are not in the British Parliament there is no need for antics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary