Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 10:06 AM

481 posts, read 1,087,438 times

Advertisements

Sadly we see many who are left behind after a move etc... Thank you for taking him in and looking out for him! Poor guy, breaks my heart to see that. You are correct that most would have a tag or a chip. I will also send an email out to my BT rescue group. We cross post for other rescues and maybe someone out there can help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 10:59 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,026,379 times
The only thing about a name tag is that the dog could have slipped out of his collar or slipped out of the house when he wasn't wearing a collar. We often take our dog's collar off in the house just to give him a break from it.

Agree about microchipping but its sorta new..my last beloved Golden Ret. that died at 14 in 2001 was never microchipped..Mine are now though..

Old 11-30-2011, 01:03 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,548,404 times
My dog isn't microchipped, and I consider myself a very responsible pet owner... He would never run away, though. He definitely could have just slipped out of the fence without a collar on. It's certainly not unheard of.

Good luck finding his owners or a great new home. Out of curiousity, have you had him around other dogs? What is he like with other dogs? What about with people/children?

Old 11-30-2011, 01:22 PM

70 posts, read 162,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
My dog isn't microchipped, and I consider myself a very responsible pet owner... He would never run away, though. He definitely could have just slipped out of the fence without a collar on. It's certainly not unheard of.

Good luck finding his owners or a great new home. Out of curiousity, have you had him around other dogs? What is he like with other dogs? What about with people/children?

He was found with a collar that didn't have a dog tag on it. He's been fine around other dogs and for people he's very good.. loves attention and getting love.

We are actually getting somewhere. The person holding the dog has agreed to hold him longer, we have an appt with the SPCA next week, and have gotten some inquiries about adopting! First time we've found a dog, so we went in a million directions. Thanks for everyones suggestions.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:49 PM

481 posts, read 1,087,438 times
Woo hoo! That is great news!! Sorry if my message about a micro chip came out that way. It's all about how you take care of him/her of course But I feel better knowing they have it so if they ever do get out of the yard, bolt from the door etc...a shelter can scan and they can get back home sooner. Glad he will have a chance at a new home. Pretty good gift for him this year!

Old 11-30-2011, 03:30 PM

1,495 posts, read 3,723,814 times
might want to think about an ad on Craigslist or get on your FB page . .amazing how much you can accomplish through networking with your friends, family, etc.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:39 AM

770 posts, read 2,755,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
The only thing about a name tag is that the dog could have slipped out of his collar or slipped out of the house when he wasn't wearing a collar. We often take our dog's collar off in the house just to give him a break from it.

Agree about microchipping but its sorta new..my last beloved Golden Ret. that died at 14 in 2001 was never microchipped..Mine are now though..
Microchipping is just a part of responsible ownership. ANY dog can run away if they have the right stimulus and if they dont have a collar on ( mine doesnt in the house) then it is a failsafe for them

Old 12-04-2011, 11:01 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,879,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders View Post
How long ago was that? I know with the economy alot of people have been abandoning their pets, overfilling shelters.
I haven't volunteered since the economy tanked. And it's sad to hear that people are having to give up their pets. I just saw that someone suggested an ad on Craig's List. I found a dog a few months back. My ad on CL worked immediately. A relative of the owner saw it and was reunited with her pet in a few hours. I've also heard that Banfield/Petsmart will scan at no charge.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:43 PM

103 posts, read 279,629 times
Any updates Islanders?

Old 12-04-2011, 08:48 PM

70 posts, read 162,228 times
We have an appointment w/ SPCA Tuesday..The person fostering him now is taking really good care of him. Strangely someone called this morning thinking it was their dog they lost as a puppy a year ago. We asked for a picture and we never heard back from them. Very strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary