Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 10:49 AM

2 posts, read 10,571 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I wanted to know of good subdivisions in both of these cities. I am looking to spend approx $225,000. Schools are very important. Also kids in the neighborhood. Would like a house built within the last 10yrs. We dont want alot of land but also dont want to be "arms length" from the house next door.
Thanks for any info .............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2006, 09:38 PM

145 posts, read 250,617 times
We are in the process of building a home in Holly Springs in the Bridge Water Community by Anderson Homes. I beleive they are to be opening there second phase in the not to distant future. You can get a four bedroom approx 2400 sq ft. home here in your price range.

Old 09-12-2006, 07:35 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
I sold two homes in the KB Homes neighborhood right down the road from Bridgewater. My folks prefered it over the other. The KB Neighborhood is called Windcrest. Vicki

Old 09-13-2006, 10:35 AM

9 posts, read 24,510 times
In Clayton:

Riverwood (perfect for your situation)
Broadmoor (kinda pricey, but very nice)
Lions Gate (lots of amenities; Charleston style homes)
Flowers Plantation (collection of several neighborhoods)
Glen Laurel (little more pricey; on golf course)

PM if you'd like links to much more info on any of these.

Old 09-14-2006, 07:49 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,693,245 times
We bought in Holly Glen subdivision in Holly Springs in June. Lot sizes are for the most part about .25 acres (which is pretty decent sized. We looked at several homes with .11 lot sizes in other subdivisions. Talk about being within arms-reach of your neighbor!). There are several homes for sale in Holly Glen in your price range. I believe the oldest phase is about 10 years old and they are still building. They are building a brand new elementary school just down the street and just completed a new high school. A new library and cultural center is opening up in December.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:56 PM

79 posts, read 263,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats View Post
Hi,

I wanted to know of good subdivisions in both of these cities. I am looking to spend approx $225,000. Schools are very important. Also kids in the neighborhood. Would like a house built within the last 10yrs. We dont want alot of land but also dont want to be "arms length" from the house next door.
Thanks for any info .............
We just moved down from L.I. NY to Riverwood in Clayton. We bought the house in April and i have to be perfectly honest with you, I ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT! My wife is still on the fence as far as the whole move goes but in my opinion Riverwood met all of our criteria. We paid $207,000 for a brand new 2,000 sq. ft. house on a quarter acre and we have a wooded back yard. My son is 10 and has already made several friends on our block who come over after school and knock on the door to see if he can come out to play. In NY we had to call and make "play-dates" for him to play with his friends because the streets were so dangerous with speeders and what-not. The elementary and middle school is in the community and my children have the greatest time playing in the community pools. I would strongly suggest you come over and take a look for yourself, i think it's great but that's just my opinion.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:26 PM

505 posts, read 2,542,367 times
In Holly Springs one of the best is Sunset ridge. It is huge! But the homes are pricey.

In clayton I would say any subdivision off of hwy 42 on the north side of Clayton. The post above mentions those. There are many off of 42 west on the west side of Clayton as well, Such as Austin Pond. Also check the Cleveland area.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:17 PM

693 posts, read 2,760,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beffrey2 View Post
In Holly Springs one of the best is Sunset ridge. It is huge! But the homes are pricey.
I like better the Sunset Oaks. Or the pricier Sunset Oaks The Woods.

Old 09-16-2006, 06:08 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,005,206 times
We looked at both Sunset Oaks and Woods. We ended up in Sunset Ridge because the lots are larger most are around 1/2 acre. Also the builders are all custom so the home amenitites are superb! New Orleans Home Builders has a subdivision in Holly Springs that looks pretty nice and may be in your price range. They have pretty decent quality I have been told as well.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:32 PM

505 posts, read 2,542,367 times
Where in Sunset Ridge are you?

My sister lives out on Midden way in the part across from the schools. Near lowes food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary