Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rolesville versus Holly Springs
Rolesville is better 7 70.00%
Holly Springs is better 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 03:04 PM

28 posts, read 87,877 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

We have made 2 trips to the area so far. Rolesville is our first choice and wondering if any of you can provide some feed back on the area.

Are the schools diverse? How is the community ?

Any insight on the traffic or commute into RTP / Cary area.

Second choice is Holly Springs (Sunset Oaks). We are still trying to figure out which one to chose.

Thanks,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2006, 05:05 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,566,769 times
My preference is Holly Springs. I recently had a client buy a home in Sunset Oaks, and is loving it. It is really pretty in that area, and just 10 minutes from Cary Crossroads, and not far from RTP. The builder I worked with out there was Timberland, and the home turned out beautiful. I would recommend this builder to anyone. I guess it would depend on where you are going to work first. If Cary/RTP then I say Holly Springs. Best of luck to you, and let me know if I can send you any info from any of those areas, or a specific builder.

Regards,

Debbie

Old 09-05-2006, 05:28 PM

180 posts, read 734,189 times
Holly springs? Isn't that I-40 commute bumper to bumper at rush hour?

Old 09-05-2006, 06:00 PM

Depends on when you go to work and go home. If you have flex time, then go in early and leave early. Or later, and leave later. it also depends on what you think is alot of traffic. Coming from NJ,NY,CA,and several other areas that the traffic is nuts. This really does seem like nothing. So like I say it all really depends. I used to work in Cary and live in North Raleigh, and I never really thought much of it.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:27 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,268,491 times
I would have said Holly Springs a few weeks ago but after having shown Rolesville area to 2 different clients...I'm choosing Rolesville. Its up and growing and only takes 5 minutes to get back to Wake Forest. Vicki

Old 09-05-2006, 07:27 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,041,744 times
I would say rolesville, but that is only because I live in wake forest now. We lived in cary (technically apex, near the intersection of ten ten and kildaire farm road...........about 3 miles from sunset oaks). So, my husband works at IBM, off of miami. He does have flex time - but my caveat to that is, let's say he does get into work at 7am, then he still cannot leave work "early" because everyone else is not working his schedule and based on his responsiblities he needs to meet with the people on his team.....meaning he is leaving work at 6pm or 7pm. So, that being said, he got tired of the hour commute going from our house to rtp, and often going back ways, etc.

We now live in wf, off of purnell road, and he goes back roads, never hits the interstate and is in his office in 30 minutes. For us, that was the deal maker.

My husband has worked at IBM since our first house in holly springs off of 55, the commute got bad from there, so we moved to ten ten and kildaire and we were there for 4 years, until our move last year. Our move was not because we didn't love our house, it was the commute. That was our choice, and for some it is not so bad, but for us it was reason to move. who knows if wake forest will end up this way, but it seems, right now, to be working.

Leigh

Old 09-06-2006, 05:42 AM

I guess it depends on who you work for. My husband also works at IBM and gets to work at 7am, and leaves at 4. No traffic at all that way he says. Alot of people nowadays can also choose to do work from home. I know he said he would never work at RTP and live in Wake Forest. We have never tried that, but I know lots do, as per the trsffic. I think even though the commute and traffic may be a little hectic at times, what about where you live? I know some people that livein CT and commute over an hour everyday to NY city, because of how beautiful it is where they live. When you are at home, you have to love the area. My view anyway. I do love some parts of Wake Forest now. I am going out today to Bowling Green off 98, and have been to Bishops Grant, which I loved the area. I felt such a calmness about that area. Anyway to each his own is what I always said. Everyones opinion is what makeslife so interesting.

Have an awesome day, I intend to.

Debbie

Old 09-06-2006, 06:12 AM

693 posts, read 2,762,460 times
You mentioned "commute into RTP/Cary area".

It depends on which one. Commute from Rollesville to RTP can be OK, probably the same from Holly Springs.

However if you want to commute to Cary then definitely you want to be in Holly Springs. I can get to Cary in 10 minutes from Holly Springs. From Rollesville would be a loooong trip.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:05 AM

28 posts, read 87,877 times
Default looks like Rolesville is the choice..

Good morning all,

This is all good input and keep it coming. Given the growth in the area (north Raleigh), I am sure, several folks coming in , will have the same question. Our current commute is 30 minutes to an hour. My wife is on Sabbatical as she chose to spend time with new born. She is planning to get back to work and for her background (Genetics) , we are thinking RTP /Durham is where she would find the job.

Thanks again,

Old 09-07-2006, 08:11 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,268,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1relocating View Post
Good morning all,

This is all good input and keep it coming. Given the growth in the area (north Raleigh), I am sure, several folks coming in , will have the same question. Our current commute is 30 minutes to an hour. My wife is on Sabbatical as she chose to spend time with new born. She is planning to get back to work and for her background (Genetics) , we are thinking RTP /Durham is where she would find the job.

Thanks again,
Hi nc1relocating,
Depending on what price you'd like to spend on your new home, you may want to consider Morrisville. Its so close to RTP and there are so many new neighborhoods but its a bit pricey. Let me know if you'd like me to send you any listings. Thanks! Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary