Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rolesville versus Holly Springs
Rolesville is better 7 70.00%
Holly Springs is better 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 05:52 AM

180 posts, read 733,768 times

Advertisements

Leigh, That's exactly the problem with us. The commute. We are seriously considering moving down next summer because my wife works at Fidelity Inv.
Her pay is too good to give up, so we will have to go where her company goes. Back roads will work as long as no longer than 30 min. We want to make the right location choice first not later. I like your senario, beautiful neighborhood and less stress for her. Any neighbors selling next year? I am a S.A.H.D. so I can keep an eye on your house when your not there....

Scott
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2006, 01:18 AM

505 posts, read 2,542,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Hi nc1relocating,
Depending on what price you'd like to spend on your new home, you may want to consider Morrisville. Its so close to RTP and there are so many new neighborhoods but its a bit pricey. Let me know if you'd like me to send you any listings. Thanks! Vicki

Thats a great point. Morrisville is close to Cary and RTP. Probably the closest of anywhere to the two.

Old 09-10-2006, 10:18 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beffrey2 View Post
Thats a great point. Morrisville is close to Cary and RTP. Probably the closest of anywhere to the two.
Thats why Morrisville is growing in leaps and bounds! The KB Homes by martha stewart (which I'm not too fond of) is in Morrisville, even though they say "Cary".

By the way...KB Homes is building the same homes in North Raleigh now. It will be interesting to see if prices are more or less. I'm betting MORE.

Vicki

Old 09-18-2006, 04:25 PM

28 posts, read 87,817 times
Default Did visit Morrisville , but thought Rolesville is better

as its new and up coming with relatively less paced growth. With 540 completing this year, I am thinking ,, commute will be a bit easier.Also getting into and out of schools is a bit easier (commute standpoint) in Rolesville. What do you all think? Additionally , Morrisville has become a holding zone for the flooding of people into Cary. Is it not?

Last edited by nc1relocating; 09-18-2006 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 09-18-2006, 04:33 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1relocating View Post
as its new and up coming with relatively less paced growth. With 540 completing this year, I am thinking ,, commute will be a bit easier.Also getting into and out of schools is a bit easier (commute standpoint) in Rolesville. What do you all think? Additionally , Morrisville has become a holding zone for the flooding of people into Cary. Is it not?
Holding zone and flooding of people from cary, that made me laugh!!!! I would have to agree with you, but that is only because I live in wake forest and I enjoy a little more space...........other people do not. Lots of people in the triangle feel like wake forest and rolesville are "too far out in the country", it is a matter of taste to be quite honest.

540 has made things a lot easier, that is for sure. Morrisville and cary are just more condensed. Lots of beautiful homes, but sitting on a 1/4 acre or less. Same beautiful homes here on 1/2 acre or more.

Leigh

Old 09-18-2006, 05:13 PM

Default lack of better words..I had to use "flooding"..

some of the people I talked to mentioned that Rolesville and Wake Forest are "way out in the country" and had no idea about quality of life..well, I am sure the perception is changing...

Old 11-29-2006, 01:15 PM

Noticed that town hall is coming up in Rolesville(?)

Old 11-29-2006, 01:33 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,847,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1relocating View Post
some of the people I talked to mentioned that Rolesville and Wake Forest are "way out in the country" and had no idea about quality of life..well, I am sure the perception is changing...
I think that Heritage has changed the flavor of the area quite a bit.
There is good pizza & bagels, if that matters to you, in Wake Forest. There are lots of places to shop, by Heritage. Up in the town, where we live, it is more of an old fashioned town. Over on Capital you have lots of big chain stores. So, you are nto more than 5 minutes from shopping, although the mall is a solid 15-20 minutes away.
So it is "out there" certainly we don't have the density up here but it is far from being rural!

Old 11-29-2006, 01:38 PM

Cool!!!

I see the change when I compare between my first visit versus most recent visit.

Given that its away from hustle bustle , I am hoping the people do welcome change to outsiders. Any comments?

Old 11-29-2006, 01:43 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,847,882 times
Can't speak for Rolesville. The part of Wake Forest I am in is dominated by the Seminary so by definition there are going to be people from all over in this area. So, it is quite open & friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary