Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 10:54 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,152,339 times

Advertisements

I was enjoying my lunch of two slices today, and was telling my coworkers about all the discussions about pizza, and about how Randy's is consistently (IMO) the highest rated slice in the area. So I thought, for those who are not fortunate enough to have experienced "this little slice of heaven", here is a picture:

Pardon the poor quality, I took it with my phone. For perspective, the tray they are hanging off of is a full size cafeteria tray.

These were definitely d-double-licious..... Good slices and stellar weather, my day is made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 11:00 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,095,153 times
Agreed...BUT the RTP location is better than the one on Davis Drive in Mo-ville. I've noticed HUGE differences in the white pizza.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:13 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,953,555 times
Thumbs up I love love love Randy's Pizza

I have to agree, Randy's is really great pizza. I also agree that the Miami Blvd location is much better than the Davis Drive location. I find the staff at the Miami Blvd location are friendlier and personable. The pizza tastes much better there too. My office is right up the road...so...lol I never get tired of pizza. By the slice or pie, their pizza tastes great....

I have gone into the Davis Drive location a few times and the feeling is just not there. I recently move into a house in Morrisville, so....My last visit was last friday for a large pizza for takeout, I received such attitude when I said I'm ordering now, I didn't call it in...never even received a "thank you" or "have a good night" etc...the place was dead too...he just walked away and then went to sit with his wife and child, I guess they were there visiting him and eating on his shift...perhaps I interrupted his family time? so rude...I doubt I'll go back there...I'll drive back to RTP 5 minutes away for pizza and no tude' lol

Anyways, great pizza, great people, great atmosphere at the Randy's on Miami Blvd in RTP....I'm hooked and have been hooked the last 5 years...

Old 07-15-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesg View Post
Agreed...BUT the RTP location is better than the one on Davis Drive in Mo-ville. I've noticed HUGE differences in the white pizza.
Absolutely, and thanks for posting this important clarification. These were taken at Miami Blvd (RTP Location). Others are good, but if you're a Randy's Virgin, this is critical "need to know" information.

Reps coming your way!

Old 07-15-2011, 11:36 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,905,459 times
Not all Randy's are owned by the same guy. For example, Miami Blvd and Guess Rd/Northgate are 2 different owners. However I've found the pizza equally delicious. I agree the Miami Blvd staff is friendliest though.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:41 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,310,881 times
How much for a slice? just a standard pepperoni?

Looks great, need to check it out ASAP! Thanks for the pic!

Old 07-15-2011, 11:46 AM

464 posts, read 1,045,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
How much for a slice? just a standard pepperoni?

Looks great, need to check it out ASAP! Thanks for the pic!
A plain slice will set you back $2.48.
One topping is $2.78 with additional toppings $0.60 extra.

You can customize slices to your hearts content which I like. You dont have to take a slice of the stuff that has been sitting out all morning.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:48 AM

I actually had a colleague pay while I held a table (shhh) outside. I gave her a $20 and got back $14 and change. Had two slices and water. I think that the #2 special is $6.99. It's two slices, each with one topping, and a bottomless fountain drink. Hard to beat (but I'm trying to loose some weight, so I went for water, but didn't dare give up my pie...)

They make cheese pies, and pepperoni Pies for slices. If you get anything else, they will put the toppings on a cheese slice before reheating. By far, Pepperoni is the best, but I also like black olives, and love their meatbwalls (spelled with a NY accent) too....

EDIT> If you go at lunchtime on a weekday, there is absolutely ZERO chance of it sitting around all day. I'd be willing to bet the shelf-life of one of their pies at lunchtime rarely exceeds one minute. Seriously, there is a line out the door for almost two hours strait on ANY workday.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:11 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,590,041 times
Miami Dr location is the bomb, they just need more parking.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:42 PM

679 posts, read 810,853 times
Their sausage pizza is my favorite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary