Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 07:27 AM

260 posts, read 547,400 times

Advertisements

I just hate the location of this particular one. It's going to make just going into the parking areas for any of these businesses a real pain. Right now, it's already horrible with the HT remodeling. McD's will make the flow worse there at the exit. I'm already picturing all of the accidents from people leaving and trying to turn left on Falls of Neuse. It's going to be rough.

I'll probably be driving up to the HT in Wakefield from now on instead of that one just because of stupid traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 07:49 AM

47 posts, read 100,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Tons of people love McDonald's or they wouldn't still be building new ones. McDonald's drive-thru is the only place that has a line of cars at 3pm. There's no reason to be angry about it, though. Just don't eat at the place.
lolz, the high fructose corn syrup must be brain washing people too then, not just clogging the arteries and getting people addicted to it

the fda should close all of them and save a few lives....imo

Old 07-14-2012, 08:04 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,430,884 times
I wouldn't eat Mcdonalds if they paid me.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:13 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,600,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedeadmau5 View Post
lolz, the high fructose corn syrup must be brain washing people too then, not just clogging the arteries and getting people addicted to it

Why should the FDA close anything? Why should there be a mandate on what someone can and can't eat? Is it healthy? No, and I'm pretty sure everyone who eats there knows that. I'll pick up breakfast from there every once in a while but that's it for me. Why? Because everything else tastes like crap and I know it's unhealthy. However, just because you don't like it doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to eat it. That's what's great about this country and I despise those who try to change it.

Besides, don't waste you energy on being disgusted by seeing the number of people who eat McDonald's. You want to see something disgusting? Check out the new Golden Corral on Capital blvd. in Raleigh. Cars are backed up into Capital blvd. trying to get into that place at 3pm!! Now that place is nasty. I can't imagine the number of people who hack into their hands only to grab the next serving spoon to pile more crap onto their plate then move along to grab some food to dip into the "chocolate waterfall", take a bite, and re-dip before moving to the cotton candy machine.

Sick, yet?

Old 07-14-2012, 11:46 AM

47 posts, read 100,362 times
ok easy there skipper, the key acronym there was "imo"

this country is wonderful, and along with being able to eat where ever you want you can also express your opinion about whatever you want......shocking

anyways, i was just putting out there what i believe a lot of people are thinking and actually know, mcdonalds will kill you, so naturally as a worried citizen of this great country we live in i will voice that.......errr type that rather. cheers

Old 07-14-2012, 02:30 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,967,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
You want to see something disgusting? Check out the new Golden Corral on Capital blvd. in Raleigh. Cars are backed up into Capital blvd. trying to get into that place at 3pm!!
You mean the Golden Trough?

I love McDonalds. I start my day everyday in the drive-thru by 6:00 am on Lake Boone Tr. getting a large cup of coffee. I occasionally grab an Egg McMuffin or a yogurt parfait, and every now and then I get a Happy Meal Hamburger when I'm feeling a little blue Y'all do know that now the Happy Meal now comes with a fairy size order of fries and a package of sliced apples.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:47 PM

5,913 posts, read 7,029,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedeadmau5 View Post

Have you seen Fat Head, the response to Super Size Me? The amount of people that say they don't eat at McDonald's (or shop at WalMart) are very vocal, but must really be a small number, otherwise the stores would go out of business.

I wish the owner of this location the best. Remember, one of your neighbors invested a lot of money in this and will be providing jobs to many.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:53 PM

492 posts, read 1,154,583 times
I don't eat much at Mac's but I like to drink there! I love their coffee (iced or hot) lattes, and even splurge on a few frappes. Also a fan of the egg mcmuffin but with no egg, weird I know. It's all about choices, people. Just look at the nutrition info and you will quickly learn what to never eat there. Yes, I do know my beloved frappes are 500+ cals, that's why they are an occassional splurge. People being so upset over a new MAC'S opening is just silly. Eat there or don't, but why be so mad? Relax, it's summer and life is good.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:58 PM

1,037 posts, read 1,384,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoskiesNC View Post
Eat there or don't, but why be so mad? Relax, it's summer and life is good.
I honestly don't care what people eat. Heck, every now and then I go to McDonald's myself. However, there are already 4 other McDonald's within 4 miles of this location so it doesn't really feel like we need another. I have the same beef with Walgreens and CVS popping up on every corner.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:30 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,340,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndroid View Post
I honestly don't care what people eat. Heck, every now and then I go to McDonald's myself. However, there are already 4 other McDonald's within 4 miles of this location so it doesn't really feel like we need another. I have the same beef with Walgreens and CVS popping up on every corner.
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary