Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 03:10 PM

51 posts, read 193,499 times

Advertisements

We will be moving soon to the area from Boston, MA.

I'm looking for recommendations for

Dentists
General Practitioners
and Any other favorites

I'd appreciate a PM with recommendations for the Cary/Morrisville area - and why you recommend them! (Service, personality, etc..)

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 06:32 PM

3,241 posts, read 3,548,244 times
In what part of Cary/Morrisville will you be living? I live in West Cary and find it just as convenient to travel to our old doctor/pediatrician's satellite office in Durham near Southpoint for annual appointments. For routine pediatric sick visits we go to the express place in Morrisville due to not requiring an appointment, being open until 10PM, being in our insurance network and still only costing a standard copay.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:09 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,433,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psu2005 View Post
We will be moving soon to the area from Boston, MA.

I'm looking for recommendations for

Dentists
General Practitioners
and Any other favorites

I'd appreciate a PM with recommendations for the Cary/Morrisville area - and why you recommend them! (Service, personality, etc..)

Thank you!
I love my dentist, Amit Patel but not sure he is taking new patients right now. He is worth waiting for. One of the reasons I chose him is because he trained at Tufts!
West Cary Dental

Old 04-24-2011, 11:12 AM

24 posts, read 64,271 times
We have been happy with Triangle Family Dentistry on Davis Drive. For urgent care we go to Duke Medicine on Chapel Hill Rd. I think they also have routine doctor appointments.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:06 PM

114 posts, read 431,755 times
I second the recommendation for Amit Patel at west cary dental!Our family has been very happy with him for the past two years ..

Old 04-25-2011, 08:20 AM

371 posts, read 1,219,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldcarolina View Post
We have been happy with Triangle Family Dentistry on Davis Drive. For urgent care we go to Duke Medicine on Chapel Hill Rd. I think they also have routine doctor appointments.
I have mixed opinions about this place. Though they seem to be well organized I feel their policies esp with cancelled appointments are too draconian. I stopped going there just because of their rules.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:07 AM

3,241 posts, read 3,548,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myNC View Post
I have mixed opinions about this place. Though they seem to be well organized I feel their policies esp with cancelled appointments are too draconian. I stopped going there just because of their rules.
I hate, absolutely hate, medical practitioner offices who charge for missed appointments, canceling in less than 24 hours, etc. I understand the economic model of packing their schedule to maximize revenue, but I refuse to re-visit practitioners who engage in this behavior. What bothers me even more are the ones who overbook their slots and still charge for a missed appointment. You have already overbooked (judging from the time I have to wait for service), there is no need to charge me a fee for not being able to cancel with 24 hours notice.

Then the ones who charge a separate fee for using their on-call service or for setting up a Saturday appointment - just adjust your baseline charges to a level that support these other services or do not offer them. That is why I end up taking the kids for all sick visits to Pediatric Express - hours work well for my schedule, no appointments necessary and if you show up on the weekends right when they open, usually you can get in immediately.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:11 AM

371 posts, read 1,219,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapdad00 View Post
I hate, absolutely hate, medical practitioner offices who charge for missed appointments, canceling in less than 24 hours, etc. I understand the economic model of packing their schedule to maximize revenue, but I refuse to re-visit practitioners who engage in this behavior. What bothers me even more are the ones who overbook their slots and still charge for a missed appointment. You have already overbooked (judging from the time I have to wait for service), there is no need to charge me a fee for not being able to cancel with 24 hours notice.

Then the ones who charge a separate fee for using their on-call service or for setting up a Saturday appointment - just adjust your baseline charges to a level that support these other services or do not offer them. That is why I end up taking the kids for all sick visits to Pediatric Express - hours work well for my schedule, no appointments necessary and if you show up on the weekends right when they open, usually you can get in immediately.
This place require patients to give 48 hours (yes, forty eight hours) notice to cancel. Otherwise, the MINIMUM penalty would be $50. They say the penalty varies depending on the procedure that is not cancelled (or missed) but you have to shell out a minimum of $50 even if it is a routine cleaning. Can you imagine that? Fifty dollars (minimum) for a non-cancellation?

Old 04-25-2011, 07:55 PM

168 posts, read 350,406 times
I love Dr. Patel. I have been a patient for a couple of years now and he is the best.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:12 PM

320 posts, read 1,070,860 times
Scott Saltzman for dental in Cary. Does great work and doesn't push the unnecessaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary