Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 05:22 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,606,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
The people who drive faster than me are jerks. The ones who drive slower than me are idiots.
Great minds think alike. . . .

https://www.city-data.com/forum/2320300-post24.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 11:03 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,585,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
The people who drive faster than me are jerks. The ones who drive slower than me are idiots.
Can I just get behind you and ride your bumper then? What does that make me?

Old 06-08-2011, 10:38 AM

342 posts, read 752,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
I blame it on transplants bringing bad habits here.

Try driving in NJ and you will soon switch to mass transit.
Now that's why I need to get rid of my Jersey plates soon! I'm not a typical NJ driver. I dont talk on my cell phone while driving, and drive with MUCH consideration for others. Problem is, I routinely get tailgated, and hassled just BECAUSE I have NJ plates.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:54 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,170,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knagy389us View Post
Now that's why I need to get rid of my Jersey plates soon! I'm not a typical NJ driver. I dont talk on my cell phone while driving, and drive with MUCH consideration for others. Problem is, I routinely get tailgated, and hassled just BECAUSE I have NJ plates.
Good idea. Many drivers go on the alert seeing a tag from the "Garden State".

Old 06-09-2011, 10:20 AM

494 posts, read 1,388,939 times
What does not make sense,is when your in the left lane already doing 70,and someone is riding your a@#.It's like how fast do I have to go to satisfy you?I've come to the conclusion that some just want the lane to themselves,and I could be going a 110mph,and someone will still be on my a@#.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:32 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samdan View Post
What does not make sense,is when your in the left lane already doing 70,and someone is riding your a@#.It's like how fast do I have to go to satisfy you?I've come to the conclusion that some just want the lane to themselves,and I could be going a 110mph,and someone will still be on my a@#.

Your conclusion is accurate.

I've noticed the same thing... and it's not a recent development. I think for some, it's just human nature.

Ever had someone pass you in the slow lane, just to get in front of you and drive the same speed they were driving behind you?

It's weird.

Unless you're behind some truck that's spewing noxious fumes or a dude hauling gravel that's flying out and threatening to crack your windshield, what's the point of being in front?

It's not NASCAR, it's the highway.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:

Get rid of your Jersey plates. Some people become hypercritical when they see out of town drivers (this isn't unique to this area, it happens all over).

With NC plates (and no bumper stickers or signs that you're anything other than a native), people will find new reasons to become annoyed with you, but at least they won't instantly decide you're driving wrong because you're a transplant.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:20 PM

342 posts, read 752,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Get rid of your Jersey plates. Some people become hypercritical when they see out of town drivers (this isn't unique to this area, it happens all over).
With NC plates (and no bumper stickers or signs that you're anything other than a native), people will find new reasons to become annoyed with you, but at least they won't instantly decide you're driving wrong because you're a transplant.
AH thanks, we plan on doing it as soon as we can, but in the meantime, no worries, remember where we came from, I'm not intimidated at all. If you can drive in the NY/NJ area, you'll survive anywhere

Tailgaters though, I dont get that either samdan. I also despise the folks who tailgate, pass you on the left, then pull in front of you to only slow down to get off the freakin' exit

Old 06-09-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
AH thanks, we plan on doing it as soon as we can, but in the meantime, no worries, remember where we came from, I'm not intimidated at all. If you can drive in the NY/NJ area, you'll survive anywhere

Tailgaters though, I dont get that either samdan. I also despise the folks who tailgate, pass you on the left, then pull in front of you to only slow down to get off the freakin' exit

Hahahaha! True, true.

I was nauseated most of the way down the Jersey Turnpike when we drove home our new Volt.

Of course, I was the one driving, and the husband was "navigating."

Old 06-09-2011, 12:48 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,549,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash04 View Post
I usually drive about 600 miles a week since my coverage area is from Winston-Salem to Wilmington and the biggest issue that I have seen with drivers in this area; TEXT MESSAGING while driving, how stupid can u be, this means you're not paying attention to the traffic and if you do, you're driving slower or swerving left to right in your lane.....very dangerous!!!
As for speeders, yes there are some but it's not as bad as in NJ or NY since I live there for 4 years.
As for cops> hit 85 to and from Greensboro and you'll see them stopping speeders and I usually see them on 540 around Six Forks and US 1 so they are there and am glad that they are not stopping me for going around 6-7 mph over the speed limit :-)
It's like the local drivers never been road tested prior of giving them a license but now also the NJ, NY drivers do not know what being courteous is , when we have our turn signal on, that means we are trying to merge in that lane which in accordance with NC law, you are suppose to let us in and not speed up or pace with us!!!!

I must say for all the driving that I've done in my life and places that I've driving, NC is not that bad except for their texting, this is the worst state that I've seen towards texting while driving!!

It is against the law to text while driving in NC. Get their tag number if you can and report them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary