Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2007, 05:29 PM

46 posts, read 132,150 times

Advertisements

From Rolesville area on 540 to Glenwood over the last week seems much worse than before. Leaving just 3-5 minutes later can make a huge difference in how long it takes to get to work. And then there are the people who travel the same route each day and constantly cut off others. It is so maddening. Often I must go up Falls to Wakefield area. Drivers always speed up on the right turn lane (that turns onto Raven) only to cut left and crowd in. Is there a reason that can be cited for the latest increase in bumper to bumper traffic? What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 07:52 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,606,247 times
Yes, I agree. It took me 25 minutes to get home today. I left work at 4:30 and only live 6 miles from my office. That intersection at Davis Drive and Morrisville-Carpenter Road is backing up traffic for a mile in the southbound and eastbound directions. . . . . and there's no way around it unless you go way down to High House on NC55 and then back north again.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:03 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,750 times
Default it only gets worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Yes, I agree. It took me 25 minutes to get home today. I left work at 4:30 and only live 6 miles from my office. That intersection at Davis Drive and Morrisville-Carpenter Road is backing up traffic for a mile in the southbound and eastbound directions. . . . . and there's no way around it unless you go way down to High House on NC55 and then back north again.
Not sure why people think the 25 commute stays that way. Traffic always gets worse in any state...

Old 05-10-2007, 08:17 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,606,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
Not sure why people think the 25 commute stays that way. Traffic always gets worse in any state...
They're doing construction on the street intersection that I was referring to. A new CVS pharmacy is going in on that corner and they've got the road torn up in some places. Some days the traffic is "normal" and some days the traffic is bad due to a piece of construction equipment clogging a lane. Yesterday was a bad day.

Once the CVS is in, they'll be able to open up the right turn lane on Morrisville-Carpenter, and they'll be able to open southbound Davis up to 2 lanes. Both of these should ease traffic flow in that area tremendously.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:18 AM

653 posts, read 2,987,583 times
Unfortunately, I must agree with you. My rush hour driving only consists of dropping my kids off at school, and I can still get to my office in about 20 minutes. However, my husband's commute to RTP has increased by 10 minutes just since the opening of I-540 to Knightdale. He has said that there is now a daily slowdown from about Six Forks Rd. to Leesville, where the speed drops to about 30mph, then picks back up again to posted speed until I-40, which has always bottlenecked.

While I still feel that the traffic is manageable, and the recent road widening projects have helped, I do always warn clients that what is a relatively easy commute now may not stay that way as growth continues.

btw, with the right turn lane to Raven Ridge on Falls of Neuse, the road work to widen Falls to Wakefield has already started. Hooray!! Long overdue, and much needed. They will also be putting in a light at Dunn for those poor folks in Bedford trying to turn left in the morning. At least we still have enough considerate drivers letting them in that there are never more than a few cars waiting to turn.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:43 AM

648 posts, read 2,981,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHomeFinder View Post
... I do always warn clients that what is a relatively easy commute now may not stay that way as growth continues.
Great advice, especially for those living in F-V, Clayton, Knightdale, and Wake Forest. Those far suburbs will see MUCH worse traffic in the next 5-10 years.

Remember, living closer in may mean fewer SF and an older home, but it can mean an hour extra every workday with your family...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary