Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:26 AM

1,277 posts, read 3,562,761 times

Advertisements

oh no...I now have the RTP snow hysteria!!

I was thinking of calling the orthodontist to change my son's MONDAY 4:30pm ortho appt because of the threat of SNOW on monday. (please note: today is FRIDAY -- which is what makes this funny. It is even sunny out!)

AAAAAHHHHH. I have lived here too long. Does that qualify me as a native now??

Really. What was I thinking? Thank goodness I finished my cup of coffee before making that call.

HHEEEELLLPPP. I clearly need a dose of reality. hahhahhahaa!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 07:31 AM

8,159 posts, read 11,017,124 times
When you start pacing the floor days before some snow or ice event you can consider yourself a real NC native. Sounds like you're on the way there

Old 01-07-2011, 07:32 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,737,377 times
The fact that you realize you even have a problem is an important first step.

If there is any hope for recovery, here is what you need to do. Have French toast for breakfast the next three mornings to run down your bread, milk, and egg supply. Then come Monday you need to resist the urge to go to the grocery store at all costs. You probably should go ahead and reschedule that appointment because you may need to have your husband or neighbor hold onto your car keys for you that day just to play it safe. If you can make it through until Tuesday without replenishing those vital pantry items, I think you will be on the road to recovery.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:44 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,111,952 times
Seems like a very mild case to me. Probably still treatable.

Now if you were spotted in the grocery store with a cart full of bread and milk .... I'm afraid that would be terminal diagnosis.

And we claim we're not influenced by our environment

Thanks for the laugh ..

Frank

Old 01-07-2011, 07:48 AM

375 posts, read 1,147,894 times
You aren't alone... I'm thinking about how the storm will affect my hair appt on Tues. If you cancel in less than 24 hrs you have to pay a fee. I've already stopped myself twice from calling them to see what the policy is regarding inclimate weather.

My excuse? I AM a native, and I know how messy things can get down here. Add in that they are talking about the potential for ice, and I'm prepared to keep my butt home.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:19 AM

4,482 posts, read 11,668,948 times
I recommend not reading any threads that predict snow more than two days out - doing so will only make your problem worse.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:37 AM

45,217 posts, read 101,162,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLuvNC View Post
oh no...I now have the RTP snow hysteria!!

I was thinking of calling the orthodontist to change my son's MONDAY 4:30pm ortho appt because of the threat of SNOW on monday. (please note: today is FRIDAY -- which is what makes this funny. It is even sunny out!)

Really. What was I thinking? Thank goodness I finished my cup of coffee before making that call.

HHEEEELLLPPP. I clearly need a dose of reality. hahhahhahaa!
Actually, I just cancelled a Monday morning dentist appt myself

Though things can change between now and then, right now there is a strong chance for an ice storm with some snow accumlation. For those who don't realize it, this is the worst kind of winter weather we get in the south (ice storm).

If it doesn't happen I haven't lost anything by just rescheduling my appt.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:17 AM

10,738 posts, read 22,952,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLuvNC View Post
NO.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:23 AM

22,771 posts, read 37,128,100 times
I got you all beat, been here less than 6 months and I'm stocked up on bread, milk, eggs, snack foods and Vicki R, I believe we are fine on toilet paper.

I'm from NY, if any of you have watched the news you may have seen that some streets in the outer boroughs of NYC are still not plowed from the Christmas storm. Next time there's a storm up there, expect a 3 day panic!!

Old 01-07-2011, 09:31 AM
NCN

21,669 posts, read 25,767,275 times
Never hurts to be prepared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary