Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 01:02 AM

9 posts, read 15,594 times

Advertisements

My husband & I are planning on taking a trip to NC this Spring. Would like some recommendations on nice hotels to stay at in the North Raleigh/Wake Forest area??? Also, any restaurants that you'd recommend &/or places to see/visit???

Thank you very much!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 06:36 AM

375 posts, read 1,145,032 times
Its not really near Wake Forest, but the only nice hotel in N. Raleigh that I can think of is the Renaissance at North Hills. Hotels are fairly lacking in N. Raleigh/Wake Forest in general. (As far as I know).

Renaissance - North Hills

There is good shopping and food in and around North Hills. If you are looking for breakfast one day, I fully recommend Courtney's. Its a hole-in-the-wall joint near the hotel, but has some of the BEST frittatas and skillet breakfasts around!

Old 11-05-2010, 11:27 AM

Thank you very much! I will check it out.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:02 PM

72 posts, read 158,645 times
There is a brand new Holiday Inn Express in Wake Forest just off hwy 1. The Renaissance at North Hills is very beautiful and expensive. I would try to book well in advance. It fills up quickly. That area is more Midtown than North Raleigh, but there is shopping, great restaurants, and entertainment you can walk to. Is there a reason you are planning on staying in Wake Forest? In so far as restaurants go, I eat out all the time. I've been to almost every restaurant around here and if you want to give me a type of food or area I can give you some restaurants to check out.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:01 PM

Thanks for your recommendations!
I was thinking of staying in Wake Forest because we don't want to stay downtown/in the city. We will visit the city, but also wanted to explore the Falls Lake area so I was trying to stay in between RDU, Falls Lake, & Raleigh...if that makes sense. We'll have a rental car so a little driving around is fine with us.

As far as restaurants, we like italian, mexican, pizza, bar/pubs, etc.

Thanks again!

Old 11-05-2010, 01:11 PM

311 posts, read 889,264 times
Wake Forest has a bed & breakfast, the Lions Gate Inn. It is on a lovely street close to downtown Wake Forest. Lions Gate In

Our favorite eats in town are La Foresta (Italian, downtown), Shuckers (seafood, Heritage area).

Old 11-05-2010, 01:29 PM

72 posts, read 158,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_NC View Post
Wake Forest has a bed & breakfast, the Lions Gate Inn. It is on a lovely street close to downtown Wake Forest. Lions Gate In

Our favorite eats in town are La Foresta (Italian, downtown), Shuckers (seafood, Heritage area).
Ooohhhh, Good one! I didn't even think of a B&B. Shuckers is FANTASTIC, and I can't believe it but I've not been to La Foresta. I will go there next week. There are two new restaurants over by the new Lowes foods off 98. A pub with great burgers (Gatehouse) and an Italian place that has been too busy to get in. I also like Blue Fins Bistro off Rogers Rd about a mile from Shuckers.

If you like classic cars there is a really neat place called Southern Classic Cars in downtown WF across from Forks Cafeteria It's closed on Sunday and Monday but they have some amazing cars (all indoors) The owner is named Charlie. They have a cruise in the first Sunday of the month that we go to. You can see all the member cars in the parking lot and the classics inside. Southern Classic Cars, NC

Old 11-05-2010, 06:24 PM

467 posts, read 1,776,504 times
I'll second Lions Gate Inn, especially if you want to get a real taste of old Wake Forest - it's located on N. Main in the midst of the historic homes, and is absolutely beautiful!

Old 11-05-2010, 07:27 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,287,333 times
There is a Marriot on Glenwood Avenue across from Crabtree Valley Area. There is also an Embassy Suites there with an indoor pool, if you are bring any kids. Also near Crabtree in North Raleigh are a few other hotels on Summit Drive. I've had lots stay there and some of those hotels have free breakfast.

From this area of North Raleigh, you should be able to get to Wake Forest within 20 minutes.

Angus Barn is a 5 star steak house. We have all the chains...Olive Garden, Red Lobster, PF Changs, Cheescake Factory, Outback, etc.

Vicki

Old 11-05-2010, 10:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,728 times
Skip La Foresta downtown Wake Forest. Ate there for lunch and the food was inedible. Instead of spaghetti it was more like spaghetti soup and the meatballs were not real meat. Soup tasted like it came from a can.
There is a new Olive Garden on Capital and the food/service has been wonderful.
Shuckers is an excellent choice. Food there is amazing.
Hope you enjoy your time in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary