Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2006, 10:33 AM

13 posts, read 31,427 times

Advertisements

my husband and i are thinking of moving to the wake forest area from mass.we have 3 children 13 11 6 and need to know about schools jobs and pay differences my husband drives a truck and now works for a construction co and operates equipment when things are slow in trucking.any infomation on schools and jobs would be a great help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2006, 01:27 PM

58 posts, read 344,537 times
Here is a link for you to check out the schools:
http://www.wcpss.net/

About the driving... my stepdad has been driving a truck for I think his whole career. Since he married my mom she has not had to work one day, so I would think the trucking industry is pretty good here. He delivers mobile homes and is home just about every night and doesn't work on weekends. His brother hauls containers and he seems to be doing quite well also, his wife doesn't work either. We all live in Rowan County, so I'm not sure if this also applies to Wake Forest. Here is a link to their website:
http://www.ci.wake-forest.nc.us/

Old 04-15-2006, 08:11 AM

110 posts, read 168,405 times
We originally thought Wake Forest but changed our minds. I went to Raleigh last week end and drove through Wake Forest. Its very nice but getting over crowded. We loved Rolesville (just to the east). We put a deposit down on a lot and will start building soon. Rolesville is open, growing quickly, and everything is new!!! the older buildings are so cool! I can fit the entire police dept in my living room!! Its logo is "Small Town with a Bright Future". It has easy access to the 540 (5 minutes tops) and the area is about 30-40K cheaper for a home than Wake Forest. It is also closer to the new North Raleigh shopping area that sits just South of the 540 between the 401 and Capitol Blvd. My kids will go Wake Forest-Rolesville High School. If my husband drove a truck, he would want to be closer to the major highways for easy access and less traffic. look into it.

Last edited by suzmyers; 04-15-2006 at 08:18 AM..

Old 04-15-2006, 11:31 AM

312 posts, read 1,905,381 times
Suz - Hi, we were in NC few months ago and narrowed it down to several towns that we liked. We're going to visit there again next week and make a final decision where we want to live.

Originally, like you said, Wake Forest was thought to be a nice place to live, but decided it's not a place for us due to overcrowded area. We haven't been to three towns yet: Youngsville, Rolesville, and Clayton. That's why we need to check these out and see what the places are like before we buy a home.

I have a 3rd grader and it's important for me to attend a good school, too. We're looking for a brand-new house, so hopefully they have plenty for us to check it out.

Good Luck with your move!

Old 05-11-2006, 02:20 PM

41 posts, read 161,908 times
suzy q i will be going down to wake forest area the end of the month kind of looking for the same info i will let you know what i find out

Old 05-11-2006, 02:31 PM

787 posts, read 3,584,266 times
I wouldn't move in Johnston County were Clayton is. I would come nearer moving to Wake than Johnston County. And I lived in Johnston County for 7 years and that is where my husband is from. I don't think that the schools are all that great not from my experience and I had two children at the time. This was around 1987 or so. Anyway, one was in the 6th grade and the other was in the 8th grade at the time. The principal there was a royal pain. But he has died so that is not a consideration. And I hope things are better than they were when I lived there. They had one school in the county that looked as though a good wind could blow it over. But we weren't living in that district, thank heavens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary