Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2006, 02:09 PM

12 posts, read 77,225 times

Advertisements

Okay, tell me everything you know good and bad about Louisburg. We are seriously thinking this might be where we move to.

How would I be able to get the inside scoop?

Does anyone have inside info to share?
TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 10:45 AM

3 posts, read 16,320 times
If you're looking for fancy it isn't here but if you are looking for a community where the schools are good, the kids don't wear designer clothes and everyone waves to everyone else then Louisburg is the place. We just recently moved here ourselves and have found a very welcoming city which has more of a small town feel to it. The businesses that are local are very helpful and the people in general are friendly and caring. The schools were the most important to us and we were directed here by the staff of Louisburg which could give our children the extra help they needed and would not get in Wake county. Depending on what you want out of the move and where you are coming from I have been very happy with Louisburg.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:05 AM

560 posts, read 2,849,720 times
You may want to also check out some of the other towns in Franklin County, such as Youngsville, Bunn, and Franklinton.

We went with Youngsville for the same reasons marisobyz3 did and wanted to be a little closer to the shopping and eating that Wake County has to offer.

Do some forum searches on Louisburg and Youngsville, you will find lots of good information.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:05 AM

12 posts, read 77,225 times
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. we are actually moving to Louisburg next week!

Old 09-01-2007, 11:56 AM

579 posts, read 2,863,856 times
IMO Louisburg's biggest pro is the historic downtown section. There seem to be many homes that are being renovated and I'm sure the little commercial downtown section will see a resurgence in the future. I LOVE downtown historic louisburg. It's like how life should be... a gorgeous historic walkable neighborhood with beautiful old large homes with giant trees and big front porches. The prices are pretty good for those types of homes, too.

The bad... well it's a bit far removed from the rest of the triangle although that may be a plus for some people. You could get to N Raleigh in about 20 minutes or so and to downtown Raleigh, is probably 30-35 minutes. I'm sure the commute to RTP isn't fun but I think 540 has a stretch open that intersects with 401. The rest of louisburg seems to be lacking in commercial development and some sections are run down. As the growth spreads out that way, it will only change for the better in the future, I'm sure.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:59 AM

8 posts, read 28,986 times
Default Louisburg to downtown Raleigh

I have lived in this area over 25 years. The good in rural towns near Raleigh is they are quaint, affordable. The south, in general, is a more on the street Hello friendly place. In regions recieving an influx of out of staters, there may be little or no xenophonbia. Truely rural areas..... another story. It is life as we think of it in the 1950s in many places. With high racial tensions.
Small town life is wonderful for the community focused person. There, the first questioned asked will be "what do you do for work?" or if your a woman, "what does your husband do for work?" the second is "what church do you belong to ?" I really didn't mind this or the fact that THERE ARE NO SECRETS in a small town. If you sneeze out the back door in a small town, by lunch, everyone will know you have a cold.
)
So , if you are church loving, community building, scouts and 4-H folk, small town NC like Louisburg may be right for you. If you are young couple looking for winning, dinning and shopping and nightlife..... look at Glenwood south in Raleigh or Carborro, next to chapel hill, nc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary