Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 09:21 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
I'm enjoying life and sit in a great spot personally... Thanks for asking!

Hopium or the MSM koolaid you like to dish out is not something I can sit by and digest, though. If you're not prepared to defend your position without something besides what CNBC tells you to think, then that's fine... Just understand that your "facts" are useless and you should stick to happy posts about recipes, where to find good pizza, and dance recitals for your kids.

If you want to talk markets and data, back it up. The "nah nah poo poo" with your fingers in your ears because someone disagrees with you is a bit childish, don't you think?
No I am trying to keep this thread on track and focused on the Triangle per the forum rules. Often people, not you try to sidetrack threads they don't like so they get moved. This isn't a personal discussion and it has been noted that we don't agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 09:27 AM

Hopefully the following will have a positive impact on the local housing market
.biz - N.C. income growth helping lead comeback, newspaper reports | newsobserver.com blogs
North Carolina's jobless rate remains above the national average, but the Tar Heel state is helping lead the nation's slow recovery by another key measure, USA Today reports today in a front-page story.

The newspaper analyzed the change in personal income during the year since the recession officially ended in June 2009. North Carolina's increased 1.5 percent, putting in the top five.

Nationwide, income rose just 0.3 percent.

The USA Today report could help reinforce North Carolina's reputation for having a relatively prosperous economy. That could attract even more transplants looking for new opportunities, which could provide further economic support, notes UNC-Charlotte professor John Connaughton.

Read more: .biz - N.C. income growth helping lead comeback, newspaper reports | newsobserver.com blogs

The above is from the link and any disagreement is with them and should be directed to them.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:27 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,028,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
No I am trying to keep this thread on track and focused on the Triangle per the forum rules. Often people, not you try to sidetrack threads they don't like so they get moved. This isn't a personal discussion and it has been noted that we don't agree.
Ah OK - so you didn't mean to post a national CNBC story related to housing starts and a SP500 reference.

Do you think that new housing starts in the Triangle being up is a good thing in the long run? What about all those folks who are trying to sell resale today?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
It is impressive. What attacts me is that they still have an excess of inventory, they haven't realized the level of appreciation seen in Apex and Cary, Wake Forest is behind in that respect. But I think it's a matter of time. And the area has sufficient amenities and things for families to do...a requirement for many of us. There are so many nice, new homes subdivisions there in almost any price range. There's room for the town to grow. It's clean and fresh looking. And, for folks who work in downtown Durham, there's hwy 98...a beautiful drive over Falls and skipping I-40/540. although 540 is close to it as is Wakefield s/d and Falls of the Neuse Rd and N Raleigh.

Yes, Heritage is lovely!
Did RNG do a photo spread on Heritage as some point? It seems familiar.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:05 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,466 times
How's everything in Union County, MikeyKid? Did you wear out your welcome in the Charlotte forum and decide to start calling out members that are held in high regard in forums where you don't even live? Interesting way to spend your time.

Excuse me-I have to go stir the pot in the Tupelo, Mississippi forum now.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
How's everything in Union County, MikeyKid? Did you wear out your welcome in the Charlotte forum and decide to start calling out members that are held in high regard in forums where you don't even live? Interesting way to spend your time.

Excuse me-I have to go stir the pot in the Tupelo, Mississippi forum now.
It's good - thanks for asking... Actually, all is good in the Charlotte forum and dropped by because I'm a regular in the general RE forum. There's been a recent rash of the OP here getting threads moved to that forum and I had the opportunity to read some very interesting opinions. Considering the parallels between our markets (we're a short car ride away in the same state), I thought it would be fun to stop by. Heck, I've been admittedly a bit remiss in what's been going on in my state capital anyway!

Have fun in the Mississippi forum.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:34 PM

217 posts, read 445,809 times
Quote:
Wonder if that translates into increased housing starts in the Triangle and a boost in optimism here.
Shame on you for posting something that might possibly be in any way what-so-ever remotely construed as something resembling a positive take on current market conditions.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:49 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,870,575 times
Quote:
Did RNG do a photo spread on Heritage as some point? It seems familiar.
Hmm, not sure. He may have. It's a nice family neighborhood, very quiet over there.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAbdella View Post
Shame on you for posting something that might possibly be in any way what-so-ever remotely construed as something resembling a positive take on current market conditions.
I am listening to Jim Cramer rant as I speak. It is really amazing. He loves the Fed he loves Obama and says this is the most market friendly Fed head and president. He and Erin Burnett noted today's real estate numbers. He carries a lot of weight with many naysayers. The S&P is pushing 1150 and the Dow is over 10,800 that will get folks into the market and get people making large purchases. There is a lot of money off the table and in equity waiting to be taken advantage of. Folks need to remember that my neighbors up who are early boomers still have a ton of equity in their houses if they purchased them 20 plus years ago and didn't go equity crazy. When their portfolio's hit a magic number they will be ready to make their retirement move and some will head here just as others have. You know the math you bought the house up there in 1980-85 and either have it paid off or close to being paid off and it in 2007 was selling for 600K and now has fallen 25%. That still leaves up to 450K left to make your move. On the other hand the plight of middle boomers is one of hard times for many.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I am listening to Jim Cramer rant as I speak. It is really amazing. He loves the Fed he loves Obama and says this is the most market friendly Fed head and president. He and Erin Burnett noted today's real estate numbers. He carries a lot of weight with many naysayers. The S&P is pushing 1150 and the Dow is over 10,800 that will get folks into the market and get people making large purchases. There is a lot of money off the table and in equity waiting to be taken advantage of. Folks need to remember that my neighbors up who are early boomers still have a ton of equity in their houses if they purchased them 20 plus years ago and didn't go equity crazy. When their portfolio's hit a magic number they will be ready to make their retirement move and some will head here just as others have. You know the math you bought the house up there in 1980-85 and either have it paid off or close to being paid off and it in 2007 was selling for 600K and now has fallen 25%. That still leaves up to 450K left to make your move. On the other hand the plight of middle boomers is one of hard times for many.
Jim Cramer?! Erin Burnett?! Please, for the love of all that is holy stop watching CNBC for "financial news" and don't make any decisions about your investments based on what they are saying. These people do not have your best interests in mind. There are plenty of moderate sources for financial information that you can read... none of them tied to advertising dollars and system like CNBC.

The Fed and the banking industry are ruining this country and most of us who elected Obama have lost all respect for him caving to the Ponzi scheme that they are running. Your dismissal of the "middle boomers" is very telling and troubling all at once. I guess you just write those folks off?

Look at the SP500 and the Dow relevant to Gold... just do me that one favor. Then see if your friends Jim Cramer and Erin Burnett can explain that one away. The weight of the debt on the system is mind boggling and the real investors are all out of the stock market now. Don't be fooled by someone like Jim Cramer who emphatically called the bottom to the housing market wrong TWICE during this recession alone. He's a clown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary