Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2007, 09:22 AM

18 posts, read 100,946 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!
My husband and I just moved to the Raleigh/Durham area on Saturday. We had planned on buying a new couch and loveseat when we got down here, but our current set didn't survive the move very well and now I'm looking for a new couch and loveseat to buy ASAP. (The springs are so shot we can't really enjoy sitting in our new living room.) Can anyone recommend a furniture store similar to "Rooms to Go" - w/the same or higher quality - that is close, fairly priced, and that we don't have to wait a month to get our furniture delivered? I'm also looking for a large selection. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 11:08 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,695,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCNewbie554 View Post
Hi everyone!
My husband and I just moved to the Raleigh/Durham area on Saturday. We had planned on buying a new couch and loveseat when we got down here, but our current set didn't survive the move very well and now I'm looking for a new couch and loveseat to buy ASAP. (The springs are so shot we can't really enjoy sitting in our new living room.) Can anyone recommend a furniture store similar to "Rooms to Go" - w/the same or higher quality - that is close, fairly priced, and that we don't have to wait a month to get our furniture delivered? I'm also looking for a large selection. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanks.
I like Home Comfort. They are on Glenwood and also Capital.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:08 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,987,761 times
Roomstore, I believe they are faster in shipping than Rooms to Go.

Like the above poster, Home comfort is good too. Actually, take a drive down Glenwood avenue heading toward the airport. Theres a great selection of furniture stores all up & down "furniture row". (Roomstore, rooms to go, plus several others)

I found some excellent deals on craigslist.org, alot of brand new furniture dirt cheap.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:05 PM

560 posts, read 2,850,870 times
Check out Rolesville Furniture on 401 in Rolesville.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:09 PM

579 posts, read 2,865,206 times
I also like Home Comfort and they delivered ours fast. Don't miss out on their outlet center on Glenwood. They have lots of great deals in there but it's hit or miss if they have something you like when you go. I got the best DR set ever there for a great price. It was the only one so it was sheer luck I was there that day. Have fun!

Old 06-26-2007, 01:15 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,042,958 times
I would third home comfort and second the home comfort clearance center. The clearance center is great, you can take it with you that day. The hard part is finding things you like that match! It is their overstock stuff, so the inventory changes quite a bit. Also, bargain with them on the price, we did and got money off of our dining set.

Leigh

Old 06-26-2007, 02:54 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,016,692 times
I would try Haverty's. They stock what is on the floor and can provide quick delivery. Their quality is a bit better than some of the other places as well. They are also on Glenwood/70
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary