Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:21 AM

18 posts, read 100,909 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!
My husband and I just moved to the Raleigh/Durham area on Saturday. We had planned on buying a new couch and loveseat when we got down here, but our current set didn't survive the move very well and now I'm looking for a new couch and loveseat to buy ASAP. (The springs are so shot we can't really enjoy sitting in our new living room.) Can anyone recommend a furniture store similar to "Rooms to Go" - w/the same or higher quality - that is close, fairly priced, and that we don't have to wait a month to get our furniture delivered? I'm also looking for a large selection. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:58 PM

219 posts, read 853,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCNewbie554 View Post
Hi everyone!
My husband and I just moved to the Raleigh/Durham area on Saturday. We had planned on buying a new couch and loveseat when we got down here, but our current set didn't survive the move very well and now I'm looking for a new couch and loveseat to buy ASAP. (The springs are so shot we can't really enjoy sitting in our new living room.) Can anyone recommend a furniture store similar to "Rooms to Go" - w/the same or higher quality - that is close, fairly priced, and that we don't have to wait a month to get our furniture delivered? I'm also looking for a large selection. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanks.
NCNewbie
I'm still stuck in Jersey but will be moving the minute we sell so we will be in the same boat. Judy isn't taking any furniture at all.
I've heard most of the furniture joints in High Point DO DELIVER and have a great selection without breaking your wallet.
My brother moved to Calabash three years ago and from he told my wife he didn't get hurt financially with furniture purchases even in the Calabash area.
You should get some pretty good advice from the folks on this forum. Good people always trying to help.
Even "newbies" like us
Dennis/Woodlynne NJ / not for long.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:31 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,694,803 times
In Bedford on Saturday, they are selling some old model furniture out of the Drees model there.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:38 PM

105 posts, read 391,375 times
Not sure if it's in your price range, but I suggest Bassett on Glenwood Avenue. We were very pleased.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,996 times
Default I have some furniture.

Hey, I'm moving and we actually need to get rid of some furniture. I have a green loveseat and a brand new black futon we bought a month ago. I'm not selling them for much at all. Let me know if your interested.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:39 PM

140 posts, read 418,055 times
I found a nice selection at Furniture Direct on Spring Forest and Capitol with quick delivery and good prices.( they also have a store on Glenwood somewhere ). I have found that almost everything here takes forever to get delivered . I have been told by many , many stores that alot of our furniture is now being made--guess where , especially furniture that you find in High Point. I worked really hard to buy furniture made in the US and more specifically in NC and I had 4 rooms to furnish completely.Good Luck

Old 11-09-2007, 07:48 PM

29 posts, read 119,132 times
Default mynameiskris

I would love to purchase your black futon. Do you have a picture or model name that I can view on the manufacturer's website? How much do you want for it?

Old 11-09-2007, 07:56 PM

184 posts, read 802,152 times
Default model home furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltank View Post
In Bedford on Saturday, they are selling some old model furniture out of the Drees model there.
That sounds interesting...do you know what time the sale starts?

Old 01-10-2008, 10:50 PM

201 posts, read 1,003,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfalady View Post
I found a nice selection at Furniture Direct on Spring Forest and Capitol with quick delivery and good prices.( they also have a store on Glenwood somewhere ). I have found that almost everything here takes forever to get delivered . I have been told by many , many stores that alot of our furniture is now being made--guess where , especially furniture that you find in High Point. I worked really hard to buy furniture made in the US and more specifically in NC and I had 4 rooms to furnish completely.Good Luck
Hi sfalady, can you post or send me a list of the stores you discovered that make their furniture in NC? I'm looking for an affordable yet quality bed and dresser and so far it's been hard to tell on most sites if the furniture is imported or not.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:37 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
I cannot stress enough to check out Monk's on Fayetteville Rd/401 in Raleigh on the way to Fuquay. Sells discontinued furniture BUT it's all in the box, very, very reasonably priced (got Bassett King bedroom set....bed, 2 nightstands, chest, mirror and dresser in a modern black look for 1900) and they delivered it all and assembled for $65. You can also try Heavner's on Glenwood or Carolina Sofa Company. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary