Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2010, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,849 times

Advertisements

Eastern - Knightdale, Rolesville, Wendell, and Zebulon.

Or

Western - Morrisville, Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, and Fuquay Varina.

I like Eastern Wake County because the towns is less populated and I know the towns in Eastern Wake County will continue to grow in the future but I like the small town feel here.

It seems like more folks like western than eastern wake county because it have the best schools, better communities, near RDU Airport, and convenient to Research Triangle Park.

So do y'all like Eastern or Western Wake County.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 10:33 PM

932 posts, read 3,097,157 times
I like eastern, including Garner for the same reasons...small town, but close enough to everything else.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:37 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,102,359 times
I prefer western, always have, but I don't have much reasoning for it except this is the side of town I grew up on. I'm not crazy about Garner, Knightdale, Zebulon, those areas, but honestly I don't care for many western Wake towns either.
I'm basically a west Raleigh snob, even though I live in eastern Cary right now. I don't care for North Raleih much either.

Last edited by lamishra; 08-07-2010 at 10:53 PM..

Old 08-07-2010, 10:51 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,279,805 times
Since when is Fuquay Western Wake?

I always considered that Southern Wake County.

I prefer Raleigh and Western Wake (Cary area). Closer to major employment hubs, more dining and entertainment options and closer to other points of interest in the Triangle in Durham and Chapel Hill.

Not as important, but still something to consider: Pole Dancing classes are not available in Eastern Wake at this time, but they are in Raleigh and Cary!

Old 08-08-2010, 04:11 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,598,158 times
I prefer north, south, west, and then east, in order of preference. I live in south Wake and work in west Wake.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:31 AM

481 posts, read 1,086,322 times
Prefer western wake. We both work and while renting in garner...that drive to RDU is not fun.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:17 AM

38 posts, read 62,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Since when is Fuquay Western Wake?

I always considered that Southern Wake County.

I prefer Raleigh and Western Wake (Cary area). Closer to major employment hubs, more dining and entertainment options and closer to other points of interest in the Triangle in Durham and Chapel Hill.

Not as important, but still something to consider: Pole Dancing classes are not available in Eastern Wake at this time, but they are in Raleigh and Cary!

When you draw a vertical line down the center of wake county, FV is to the left. Left is west and I think that is how the OP was looking at it, even though FV is really southwest.

I like westrn Raleigh, Cary and parts of Apex, Holly Springs & FV. I like those areas because they look the nicest, are close to things I like and are a good distance away from CH.

Old 08-08-2010, 04:14 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Except for being away from pizza delivery and a decent grocery, I liked living in Eastern Wake. The trip to Knightdale isn't that bad.
And we were as east as you could go--just down the road from the Mudcats and Bunn Lake.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:59 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,306,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Except for being away from pizza delivery and a decent grocery, I liked living in Eastern Wake. The trip to Knightdale isn't that bad.
And we were as east as you could go--just down the road from the Mudcats and Bunn Lake.
We're too far for pizza delivery, too. However, I learned to make my own crust, and I like it better than a lot of the delivery places out there. Plus, it's cheaper, and I can control what and how much to put on it.

I think even if we moved back to a delivery area, I'd still make my own.

I live in rural Zebulon, and love it. I have a decent commute to downtown Raleigh, yet get to go back to the country each night and weekend.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:36 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,563,512 times
Moved to Johnston, but close to E. Wake Co. W. Wake is too crowded, too congested, too big city, and too many yankee transplants. Of course, in W. Wake, there is much more selection and closer dining, shopping etc., but not being much into that, I like the more rural areas which seems to be far eastern and far southern Wake. Besides, I am 15 min. from the mudcats and 15 min from the TWA concerts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary