Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 07:12 PM

542 posts, read 1,528,561 times

Advertisements

I prefer the center of Wake County. Was that not a choice?

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 09:01 PM

345 posts, read 1,063,677 times
SW Wake...near the Nuke plant...less development, and the fish have more eyes.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:38 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,996,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNC29 View Post
I prefer the center of Wake County. Was that not a choice?

Mike
I like smack dab right in the middle of Wake County too. Outside of that I'd love to have a open place somewhere around Benson where the Martins are plentiful.....and I would have a bunch of them too. It's on my "bucket list"

Old 08-10-2010, 07:23 AM

375 posts, read 1,147,083 times
I grew up in Eastern NC, so I enjoy East Wake. It feels more like "home" and a little less big city. With 540 coming in, I can easily get to shopping and varied restaurants - and downtown is a straight shot.

West Raleigh was fun - but I was an NCSU student and the area was just inundated with them. It was nice to finally move away and not wake up to parties and thumping music at 3 - 4am.

The aiport and durham/chapel hill are pretty far... but its rare that I need to go over to that side of town.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:01 PM

62 posts, read 155,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaflora View Post
I grew up in Eastern NC, so I enjoy East Wake. It feels more like "home" and a little less big city. With 540 coming in, I can easily get to shopping and varied restaurants - and downtown is a straight shot.

Agree - like this part of town, too. Plus, Youngsville, Rolesville and Franklinton are growing by leaps and bounds as Wake Forest spills over. We're actually trying to sell our house in Franklinton, but plan to stay in the Youngsville area for all of the same reasons. (PS - if you know anyone who wants to live in a lakefront home on 6+ acres in Franklinton send me a note! partially finished full basement, too! )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary