Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2007, 02:03 PM

27 posts, read 81,644 times

Advertisements

Hey!

My parents finally found us a place and I guess we'll be calling Cary home for awhile.
I was wondering if somebody could tell me anything about the Lexington at Amberly subdivision?
We'll be living on Remington Oaks Circle.
Any thoughts on Green Hope Elementary?
I looked at their website and there are twice as many kids in the school as there was in my daughter's school here! (yikes)

I would appreciate anything you could tell me.

Thanks,
Julie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 07:12 PM
bta

284 posts, read 1,886,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon gal View Post
Hey!

My parents finally found us a place and I guess we'll be calling Cary home for awhile.
I was wondering if somebody could tell me anything about the Lexington at Amberly subdivision?
We'll be living on Remington Oaks Circle.
Any thoughts on Green Hope Elementary?
I looked at their website and there are twice as many kids in the school as there was in my daughter's school here! (yikes)

I would appreciate anything you could tell me.

Thanks,
Julie
Hey Julie,

Welcome to the neighborhood. We just moved to Weycroft (next to Amberly) a few months ago. We don't have any kids yet - so I can't provide any info on the elementary school but we can give you some info on the area.

The Lexington at Amberly is just a small piece of Amberly. Amberly is pretty large with housing ranging from small townhomes, senior housing, small homes, larger charleston style homes, and luxury townhomes. We like the area for it's mix of housing and demographics that it attracts.

When you first get to the area - you may feel like it's in the middle of no where. But take solace in the fact that you're actually close to everything. The location is what really sold us on the area. You're only 10-15 minutes from South Point (best mall in the area). You'll be about 5 min from groceries once the Harris Teeter in Cary Park opens. You have a great club house and pool up the street in the center of Amberly. 540 will open next month which will make getting to 40 and the rest of the triangle a breeze. Not to mention you're just minutes from the southern edge of RTP.

You're also lucky that your subdivision is sold out. So you should have lots of neighbors. The area should also continue to grow substantially over the next several years. The Alston Activity Center will be the next big mixed use center for Cary. You can find more info here:

Regional Center West (http://www.townofcary.org/depts/planning/regionalcenterwest/overview.htm - broken link)

It should bring with it more housing, retail, and dining options to the area. This is in addition to the Amberly Town Center that will be built.

You'll also find some people on this board that live in Amberly. elle67 is one that has posted in the past.

Best of luck with the move.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:09 AM

27 posts, read 81,644 times
Default Thanks bta!

Nice to hear some good things from a local.
I've seen pictures of the new pool going in - looks like I'll be spending some time there! (Have a 7 yr. old)

I'm not familiar with Harris Teeter - I'm assuming it's a big grocery store.
We don't have those in Oregon. (We have Safeway, Fred Meyers, etc..)
Is there a Target close by?

I appreciate you help very much.

Take Care,

Julie

Old 06-27-2007, 06:32 AM
bta

284 posts, read 1,886,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon gal View Post
Nice to hear some good things from a local.
I've seen pictures of the new pool going in - looks like I'll be spending some time there! (Have a 7 yr. old)

I'm not familiar with Harris Teeter - I'm assuming it's a big grocery store.
We don't have those in Oregon. (We have Safeway, Fred Meyers, etc..)
Is there a Target close by?

I appreciate you help very much.

Take Care,

Julie
Julie,

Yep - Harris Teeter is one of our grocery store chains down here. It's probably the best big grocery store chain in the area.

You're pretty much equidistant to two Targets. The first is near South Point mall off 751. The easiest way to get there is to go the back way via O'kelly Chapel Rd and take 751 towards I-40.

The second Target is at Beaver Creek Commons in Apex. You can take 55 south the whole way there, or you can take the back way (if you don't like stop lights). I usually take the back way down Yates Store Rd and then down Green Level Church Rd.

Both of the Targets are in larger shopping centers - so you'll also find most of the other general stores you need there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary