Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 08:24 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiktsi View Post
I am right on the corner of Collingswood and Ohara. The first house in "Collingswood Point". Probably the smallest, cheapest house in an otherwise million dollar neighborhood. The next house down on Ohara last sold for like 1.4 I think it was. We're the paupers in this 'hood lol.
We almost bought the third house south off of Ohara on Collingswood last year. Big beautiful house with a great waterfront view. There's a few empty waterfront lots next to it. Lot of house for the money and a huge lot. I think it sold for 375ish. We thought it was too big for us to snowbird in, and I was kind of concerned about leaving it for 6 months empty as the area was kind of remote. I remember the realtor telling me it was about 20 minutes to the harbor. How far is that actually kwiktsi?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 09:12 PM

159 posts, read 693,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
We almost bought the third house south off of Ohara on Collingswood last year. Big beautiful house with a great waterfront view. There's a few empty waterfront lots next to it. Lot of house for the money and a huge lot. I think it sold for 375ish. We thought it was too big for us to snowbird in, and I was kind of concerned about leaving it for 6 months empty as the area was kind of remote. I remember the realtor telling me it was about 20 minutes to the harbor. How far is that actually kwiktsi?
That house just sold a few months ago. Never been in it but nice house from the outside. I've never timed the trip, but definitely more than 20 minutes from here, probably closer to 45 since it is all no wake. Our realtor told us about 20-25 mins also, but I was renting down on Petoskey (last street on Collingswood) for a year, so I knew better lol. I see people "cheating" quite often and it doesn't bother me, but there are definitely some nosey "canal nazis" back here that I see yelling at everyone for anything.

Did you happen to stop and ask me how long of a trip it us when you were looking by any chance? I was outside one day and someone stopped to ask how long to the harbor by boat, they were looking to buy back here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte