Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2022, 12:02 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Once again, I have no funny first world problems, though I do have a first world problem which is not particularly funny.

My granddaughter is coming to get her dog from my house today. I love the dog, but she IS trouble. So I have mixed feelings about this. Here's my question though - she's got dog food for the dog, I'm sure. That's great. However, I have PREMIUM dog food for the dog, which I'm sure she doesn't have. Do I send it with the dog or is that only prolonging the dog's eventual suffering?

I have two other dogs who will gladly eat the premium dog food - they're used to it anyway.

Did you actually do a blind taste test to make sure the dogs could tell the difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2022, 05:22 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Did you actually do a blind taste test to make sure the dogs could tell the difference?
LOL no - they are eating the same dog food at my house! LOL Except sometimes I buy dog food for senior dogs - in which case the two senior dogs eat theirs and the younger dog eats hers. Heck, I don't know. It's expensive dog food either way, I do know that.

But I'm thinking that there dang sure better be a difference in the taste of premium dog food and cheapo dog food! Who knows - I'm not tasting it, that's for sure! But it does SMELL different.

Old 06-12-2022, 05:16 AM

4,144 posts, read 3,061,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Once again, I have no funny first world problems, though I do have a first world problem which is not particularly funny.

My granddaughter is coming to get her dog from my house today. I love the dog, but she IS trouble. So I have mixed feelings about this. Here's my question though - she's got dog food for the dog, I'm sure. That's great. However, I have PREMIUM dog food for the dog, which I'm sure she doesn't have. Do I send it with the dog or is that only prolonging the dog's eventual suffering?

I have two other dogs who will gladly eat the premium dog food - they're used to it anyway.

Chances are, the dog will prefer the food that it is used to over another brand. Dogs actually prefer to eat the same food each day. They don't get bored and want a change. Most dogs are happy to accept snacks of human food, however.

Old 06-12-2022, 07:39 AM

1,400 posts, read 767,879 times
The label on the bottle of mouthwash says it kills 99% of germs. I believe they poured this product onto a plate that had two germs on it and they drowned, OR they had a plate with 100 germs on it ~ 99 drowned and one swam to the edge of the plate and jumped off.

Old 06-12-2022, 01:16 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshultz View Post
Chances are, the dog will prefer the food that it is used to over another brand. Dogs actually prefer to eat the same food each day. They don't get bored and want a change. Most dogs are happy to accept snacks of human food, however.

I think so too. Poor baby. Oh well, I can't help all that. Pick your battles.

Old 06-12-2022, 01:32 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,655,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
Come back funny people, come back!!!! I love reading what you have to say. As for me, my dishes would still have gold trim had I not used cheap dishwasher pods : ) The struggle is real.
An acquaintance asked me yesterday if I was "going silver" like she is. I laughed and said, NO way, I'm just putting it off until our trip to the big city.

I've forgotten what it's like to speak to other women----

(all guys in our complex, as I've mentioned before)

Old 06-13-2022, 03:57 AM

The dream was to write down a few things I need to buy at the store, but did my pen help perform this task? No, no it didn't. Now all I am left with are big blobs of blue on the paper

Old 06-15-2022, 05:55 AM

I tried to hit a fruit-fly on the wall and somehow it still lives. The coffee creamer I bought is made out of pea protein and tastes like it. I almost broke my hand trying to get the dish liquid out of the container before realizing that they put a safety seal inside.

Old 06-15-2022, 07:25 AM

To make sure that they were really dead we cut tomato horn worms into two or more pieces with a shovel yesterday evening. The real problem is that I can't spell today as well as a first grader.

Old 06-15-2022, 07:27 AM

i
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology