Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2021, 09:04 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
i count stuff. All the stuff, all the time. Like this is my 5082nd comment. I didn't check my comment total on my dealio, i counted all my comments. I have a fairly low comment total for having been here over 8 years. Cuz if i posted more i'd have to count them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshultz View Post
i swear my parents were like that. I'd get back from some event as a child, and they would keep asking me how many people were there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2021, 01:18 PM

5,656 posts, read 3,162,770 times
This is just a vent...

OK, I'm in charge of ordering office supplies for our facility.

About a month ago, I was asked to order 10, 2" white binders. Which I did. When they came in, I was asked to send them back, as they were just a little 2 big for what they needed. And so I sent them back.

Then I was asked to order 10 2" white binders, which I did, but this time I ordered a different brand, thinking "Maybe the first brand was an 'off' brand from China or something, and the measurement was off. I will order from a well known brand."

And the binders came in, and I carried them upstairs to the lady that wanted me to order them...and she LOST the whole box of binders. Or so she says.

She wants me to order (yet again) 10 2" white binders, and I do. She's on me and on me and on me because she needs the binders like...last week.

So the binders came in Friday, and I email her that they're at my desk. Today, I get an email from her saying
"I went down to pickup the binders and they are not correct. We asked to order 2” binders forthese last 2 requests, as the 3” were too big."

Except...they ARE 2" binders. Ai yi yi.

Old 11-08-2021, 06:15 PM

326 posts, read 200,980 times
The bank we’ve been using since my husband was 16 years old was sold.Even though we moved from the area seven years ago we have continue to use them easily with direct deposit . There is one particular local atm.that allowed us to deposit and withdrawal with no charges.
Come to find out to use that same ATM they now charge us three dollars plus another dollar for out of network transaction.Called the new bank twice and they assure me there should be no fees.
Biggest problem is I cannot make a deposit. Sometimes I just want to deposit cash.
I hate having too much cash in my pocket because then I feel pressured to spend it!

Old 11-08-2021, 07:43 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
This is just a vent...

About a month ago, I was asked to order 10, 2" white binders. Which I did. When they came in, I was asked to send them back, as they were just a little 2 big for what they needed. And so I sent them back.

Then I was asked to order 10 2" white binders, which I did, but this time I ordered a different brand, thinking "Maybe the first brand was an 'off' brand from China or something, and the measurement was off. I will order from a well known brand."

And the binders came in, and I carried them upstairs to the lady that wanted me to order them...and she LOST the whole box of binders. Or so she says.

She wants me to order (yet again) 10 2" white binders, and I do. She's on me and on me and on me because she needs the binders like...last week.

So the binders came in Friday, and I email her that they're at my desk. Today, I get an email from her saying
"I went down to pickup the binders and they are not correct. We asked to order 2” binders forthese last 2 requests, as the 3” were too big."

Sounds like she has a 2" brain.

Old 11-10-2021, 10:30 AM

1,400 posts, read 767,879 times
I had to do battle with the hair conditioner bottle to get the product out of it.
The generic mouthwash tastes bad.
My New mascara IS waterproof but has clumps in it
I want to wear false eyelashes but am afraid of getting glue in my eye
Why am I always running out of something?
Why do I have to pump my own gasoline?
Why is the perfume I want $180.00?
The nail polish on my toes is different than the color on my fingers
and I still don't have garlic salt

Old 11-10-2021, 12:17 PM

50,386 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Son borrowed our good car, so we had to go to the store in the old one that smells like old sweat socks.

Old 11-10-2021, 12:33 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Picked up a chef salad for lunch and they did not include the club crackers I like with the salad. Had to use my own crackers!

Also just noticed this is my third post on this page: am overexposed for FWPs.

Old 11-10-2021, 12:40 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
Every time I get a new bottle of something, I have to do battle to open it. I bought a jar opener helper which is usually useless. I have a bottle of pills which has such a ill fitting lid, DH had to clip the sides of it. Now it must stand up in the drawer; I don’t dare lay it down. I hate lids!

Old 11-10-2021, 09:20 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,550,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
I want to order something but the estimated arrival is when I'll be out of town. I'm going to have to wait a few days before ordering and hope they don't sell out.
I took a chance and ordered... only to receive an email today letting me know that they sold out. So I ordered from Amazon for $2 more and they're "giving" me a 30 day trial of Prime. I hope they don't rush it because I'm still going to be out of town.

Old 11-11-2021, 07:02 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
This is just a vent...

She should order exactly what she needs. Or at the very least, you could order 10 2" binders and copy her on the order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology