Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2020, 11:26 PM

671 posts, read 854,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnian View Post
Needing a vacation as a result of my vacation.
Yes!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2020, 11:30 PM

671 posts, read 854,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
It sounds stupid, but right now it’s being slightly stressed about the HOA having an idiotic requirement of 14 plants and 2 trees in the backyard, where they admit they’ll waive the trees if you have a pool (we do), but we could only reasonably fit 12 plants. It’s a tight backyard and there’s just not room or desire to put 2 more and I’m not anti-HOA but I frankly think it’s none of their business as my house backs up to a hill that borders the community so nobody can see it anyway. It has been 5 weeks since submitting for approval and we haven’t heard anything. I did the work anyway and didn’t wait for approval, because it should be a pretty simple matter as we followed all of the setbacks and guidelines for approval. I just want the dumb letter back to relieve the stress since it’s the last issue. Everything else had HOA approval already.
Everything HOA related is annoying.

We wanted a white house but were forced to use a "sand" color instead. Don't some places have black sand?or pink?

Old 01-12-2020, 12:20 AM

32,946 posts, read 36,394,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattangirl View Post

We wanted a white house but were forced to use a "sand" color instead. Don't some places have black sand?or pink?
Yes they do.

Sand Color Palette | Coastal Care

Old 01-12-2020, 05:04 AM

2,140 posts, read 362,676 times
Quote:

No truer words... I bought my condo thinking the contract was enforceable - they’d honor their commitments to repair my roof that’s crumbling from water damage. They sent over a”mansplainer” with more teeth than brain cells with a straight face he said, “Well, someone HIT the roof!” No. Clearly no. Even so... my roof being hit mysteriously isn’t outlined as an exemption. Hahaha! It’s not funny.

The guy did put a nail in a front shingle that was curling up (same roof valley damage) -now it’s worse!

But... my first world problem is how hard it is to clear tiny doggie deposits in a gravel yard.

All our homes are required to be 1985 beige. Ugh.

Oh and getting rid of grapefruit ethically. No one wants them!

HOA hate solidarity....

Old 01-12-2020, 08:19 AM

4,190 posts, read 3,405,823 times
The nail saga, updated.

Fingernail paint went on fine. Neutral, translucent shimmer.

Toenails? Deep cocoa shimmer that looked too Frankenstein-monstery on me. I therefore added a 'sand' color shimmer topcoat...and ended up with gun-blue toenails.

How is that even possible?

Old 01-14-2020, 08:54 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Tell me about it.

We are about to put a pool in the back yard (at least, that's our plan), and we have to submit everything to the HOA first. They generally take at least two weeks to make any sort of decision. Ugh.

Old 01-14-2020, 08:57 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
OK so I had to respond about painting toenails and fingernails.

My conundrum is that it's winter time, but I can't wear socks or shoes for HOURS after I paint my toenails but I also can't paint them too close to bedtime because the sheets will leave marks on them too if they aren't allowed to dry for HOURS. Which means I have to plan this out, not only with my daily plans, but also with the weather as well as my bedtime. And then of course I have to actually paint them, which is a whole other set of drama.

Old 01-14-2020, 09:36 AM

4,190 posts, read 3,405,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK so I had to respond about painting toenails and fingernails.

My conundrum is that it's winter time, but I can't wear socks or shoes for HOURS after I paint my toenails but I also can't paint them too close to bedtime because the sheets will leave marks on them too if they aren't allowed to dry for HOURS. Which means I have to plan this out, not only with my daily plans, but also with the weather as well as my bedtime. And then of course I have to actually paint them, which is a whole other set of drama.

Your pain...I feelz it.

Old 01-15-2020, 10:58 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
Toenail Drama - continued. Yep I understand. The good thing is I live in Florida so I just plan my pedicure for a warm day, which is most days. The nice thing about living in New York was my feet were rarely exposed because they were in socks and boots in the winter so I would actually do my pedicure but not polish the toes. I know, I'm aghast myself at the naked toes.

Old 01-15-2020, 12:12 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,457,534 times
Gel nail polish ladies...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology