Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2019, 02:22 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

It's been raining here for a few days now and I'm sick of it. We need the rain here in So Cal but it really screws things up, we're not wired for much rain in this region and it seems like the streets flood more than they should and the traffic goes to the dogs, it's already bad enough, you add a light steady stream of rain and people here lose they damn minds.

I suppose it could be worse, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 03:24 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Our water heater is either dead or severely under the weather.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:07 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It's been raining here for a few days now and I'm sick of it. We need the rain here in So Cal but it really screws things up, we're not wired for much rain in this region and it seems like the streets flood more than they should and the traffic goes to the dogs, it's already bad enough, you add a light steady stream of rain and people here lose they damn minds.

I suppose it could be worse, LOL.
It never rains in California, but boy let me warn ya, when it pours, yeah it pours.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:03 AM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
My whole career I've worked in a line of work that was on a project/contract number basis and as such have to put my hours toward whatever project I'm working on, which during a week could be a few or simple one, depending. After 25 plus years of having to keep track of my time I'm about damn sick of it. LOL, I know it's a really trivial problem, but I have had it. I wish I could be like a nurse or an accountant, show up, work get paid and not have to manage a "timesheet"

Old 01-15-2019, 09:15 AM

29,470 posts, read 14,639,119 times
My favorite bourbon , Elmer T Lee which used to be available at $40 a bottle is pretty much impossible to fine now. And if one does happen to find it , the price is marked up to $100.... what does one do ?!

Old 01-15-2019, 10:11 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,249,582 times
My first-world beef for today pertains to people who leave an important phone message on the answering machine, and then mumble their phone no.

Hey people, not everyone has caller ID.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:49 AM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Guess it's happened again. I have yet another product that I loved and bought regularly, to add to the list of things that cannot be found anymore. I hope they're just temporarily out of stock or something is going on with the distribution, but I've got a bad feeling they've discontinued it.

This time, it is Pagoda brand frozen Cream Cheese Wontons. Do you have any idea how hard it is, to find a cream cheese wonton with nothing but cream cheese inside of it? No fake seafood "krab"...no onions...no jalapenos? Guess I'll have to figure out how to make 'em myself now. I checked 5 different grocery stores around here, no dice. *sigh*

RIP dead products, I loved thee well.

St. Ives "Timeless" facial scrub.
L'Oreal EverPure leave in conditioner creme.
Lender's Big & Crusty bagels.
Screaming Yellow Zonkers.
Coffee flavored Nestle Crunch bars.
Stewart's Key Lime soda (still made, just not distributed around here.)
San Francisco Soap Company's sugared citrus bar soap (formerly stocked in Ramada hotels.)

And how...Pagoda cream cheese wontons.

...sigh...

EDIT: Good news is, they're easy to make. Bad news is, it's still more effort than taking them out of the freezer and baking them for ten minutes in the toaster oven.

Last edited by Sonic_Spork; 01-15-2019 at 10:58 AM..

Old 01-15-2019, 11:48 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,786,894 times
I had a tooth pulled out- half was removed the day before Christmas, the other half shortly after Christmas and I thought that was the end of it... but part of it was embedded in my swollen gums. So I had to go back a THIRD time and the dentist yanked it out. It took about 3 minutes, total. But it hurt worse than the initial pulling because he didn't numb it or anything. (I was a little taken aback because he's usually so concerned about not causing any pain. He must have been having a bad day.)

I left the dentist office and ran into Family Dollar to grab a few things. I smiled and chatted with the checkout person, as usual. I noticed she was slightly less friendly than normal. Then I got out to my car and looked in the mirror. I had blood on my chin, my right cheek and smeared all across my teeth.
We DON'T TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!

PS. I realize the visual this post paints of me... toothless, bleeding from the face while shopping at Family Dollar.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:13 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
I still need to clean my house.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:09 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I had a tooth pulled out- half was removed the day before Christmas, the other half shortly after Christmas and I thought that was the end of it... but part of it was embedded in my swollen gums. So I had to go back a THIRD time and the dentist yanked it out. It took about 3 minutes, total. But it hurt worse than the initial pulling because he didn't numb it or anything. (I was a little taken aback because he's usually so concerned about not causing any pain. He must have been having a bad day.)

I left the dentist office and ran into Family Dollar to grab a few things. I smiled and chatted with the checkout person, as usual. I noticed she was slightly less friendly than normal. Then I got out to my car and looked in the mirror. I had blood on my chin, my right cheek and smeared all across my teeth.
We DON'T TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!

PS. I realize the visual this post paints of me... toothless, bleeding from the face while shopping at Family Dollar.

I'm sorry that happened to you, but that is hilarious. No one likely wanted to get in your way. Did you notice people clearing a path in front of you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology