Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 08:12 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Bite 'em down.

They're acrylic and as hard as "nails". Pun intended. I have to get a special file for them I guess because my nails grow so fast that they become way too long between my 3 week visits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 02:24 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,886,893 times
I have a bunch today!

1. I'm trying to pay my bills online, which should take like 1.5 minutes each. But with two of them, I hit the final button for "pay" or whatever and nothing happens. Nothing. Then the chat b*tch pops up and asks if I need help. I explain that I'm hitting "pay" a million times and nothing is happening. She suggests I use a different browser (I have internet explorer). I say that companies should adapt to their customers, not vice-versa, and I should not have to install a new browser just to pay a bill. so she took my info and paid it. Then the same damned thing happens on the next website. I don't want a new browser! I have the most recent Internet Explorer! Why should I have to install a new browser!

2. I am a member of several FB groups on genealogy research. They are closed groups, so you need to get approved to join. Then we post specific questions about genealogy lookups, family lines, etc. I often respond and help others look up research info. But Too many freaking idiots post in the group to say "thanks for the add" or "thanks for letting me join" So the rest of us get alerts that someone posted in the group, and we think it will be something interesting or relevant and it's that stupid "thank you" crap that just takes up space!

3. It's really cold here, and I have this nice huge super-warm sweatshirt. It's a men's XL, and I'm a medium sized woman. I bought it big because I like to be cozy in a huge warm sweatshirt in my house when it's cold. But the neck is just slightly too tight. It's a freaking Men's XL, and I do not have a fat neck. But all day, I'm just being slightly strangled. Not like it's cutting off my breathing, but just enough to press on my jugulars and interfere with my blood flow to and from my head. And it's good, well respected brand, not some cheap crappy sweatshirt!

Okay, I'm better now!

Old 01-12-2019, 05:26 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Watching a YouTube video when you don't realize the connection is off and it goes to static screen.

Old 01-12-2019, 05:40 PM
bjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
A forum I visit (not CD) changed their formatting so that in order to see the threads I follow, I now have to make two clicks each time instead of one.
Things works well on a site, an app, a browser, whatever and they change it so it doesn't work as well. This happens constantly I suspect because lots of employees with nothing better to do have to justify their jobs by changing what doesn't need to be changed. This has been going on since there was a first world to have problems in. Like "New and Improved" soap or foods or whatever you like that are never as good as the original once they mess with it!

Old 01-12-2019, 05:42 PM
bjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
The garbage people didn't take the large box that my battery operated lawnmower came in so now I have to try to tear it down but it's a very sturdy box. ...
FWP: tearing down a good sturdy box only to need a good sturdy box a few days later. Been there.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:07 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
I have aspirations of bringing my own cup to the coffee shop to cut down on waste. I don’t always remember, but when I do, my beverage is inevitably filled to the brim of the cup. So I can’t put on the kid until I scarf down piping hot liquid. Why does anyone adhere to the fill line?

Old 01-13-2019, 04:36 PM

34,999 posts, read 16,964,237 times
I decided to move my music from one computer to another, and have the playlists in my iTunes library, and thus my phone come along for the ride. Easier said than done. Finally accomplished after a call to Apple support, a visit to the Genius Bar and another, lengthy call to Apple Support before someone finally answered my questions rather than trying to decide what I really wanted.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:32 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I decided to move my music from one computer to another, and have the playlists in my iTunes library, and thus my phone come along for the ride. Easier said than done. Finally accomplished after a call to Apple support, a visit to the Genius Bar and another, lengthy call to Apple Support before someone finally answered my questions rather than trying to decide what I really wanted.
Ugh, I hate that.

My internet provider just all of a sudden decided I "wanted" online billing. I have no idea where they were sending the email bills but they sure as heck weren't sending them to me. I used to work in banking - I don't allow companies access to my checking account - I want to receive a paper bill, pay the company via online banking, and then shred the bill. THIS IS WHAT I, THE PAYING CUSTOMER, WANT TO DO.

I started getting notices saying "Are you the internet provider contact? YOUR BILL IS PAST DUE." I pay every bill within a day or two of receiving a bill, so what the heck? I logged on and sure enough, I was now suddenly - after years - enrolled in online billing - WHICH I DID NOT ASK FOR NOR WANT.

At least I was able to switch it back to paper billing since I was online anyway. But I never was able to actually talk to a live person. So there's that.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:04 AM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times
I got a new phone.

My old phone, was a "flagship" when I got it...but that was like 2013. Oh my god. I just googled that, to make sure I was remembering right, and the very model of phone that was worth something like $600 when I got it, you can get for $76 now. Shoot me. Whatever, it was a great phone at the time, I loved it, it served me well all these years. (It was an HTC One. The original kind, in a fancy blue color that was only available through Best Buy at that point. Whee.)

So it finally began really just acting up more and more. Shutting down and restarting at the oddest times for no apparent reason, a process that took several whole minutes to happen...the battery wouldn't hold a charge for more than a few hours...stuff like that. Boo. I was a sad monkey.

Well, boyfriend gave me birthday money. And then rather strongly suggested we go get me a new cellphone, knowing how unreliable mine had become. I did a stupid, stupid thing. I went to the AT&T store and let them sell me a phone. Ugh, god. Why. I should have done my research online and really made an informed decision, but NOOOO I let the girl at the store tell me what was going to be my best choice in my price range. *huff* I ended up with a Samsung A6, and while the things that the reviewers complain about don't actually bother me, what does is that it is SO loaded with bloatware that I want to throw it across a room. And not just discrete apps that sit in the app list taking up space that I cannot uninstall...nooo...it's got one that takes up a whole screen on the interface, and others that keep doing notifications that I can't figure out how to turn off. So it's like IN YOUR FACE bloatware. Grr....

So. FWP? Boyfriend gave me money and then told me how I should spend it, AND I got a new phone but I kinda hate it.

Life is tough you guys.

Old 01-14-2019, 01:20 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
I need to clean my house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology