Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2018, 02:06 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,848,066 times

Advertisements

My laptop does not have windows 10, which means I cannot run Directx12, which means I cannot run Civilization 6 on it. Do you realize how boring it is conquering the world in Civ V instead of CIv VI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 02:10 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
Does that make them less...appealing?
You must be a father, because that was a BAD DAD JOKE!

Old 08-10-2018, 02:26 PM

1,093 posts, read 582,324 times
My biggest peeve of the moment is with Mother Nature. I can't tell you how many weeks this spring/summer have had gorgeous weather every weekday and then pouring rain on Saturday. I don't know why I bother making outdoor plans anymore...

Old 08-10-2018, 02:44 PM

10,352 posts, read 8,578,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
The mini-fridge at work is broken, so I had to drink room-temperature Diet Pepsi all day... the pain was real, I tell ya.
I feel your pain. I hate any soda not ice cold.

Old 08-11-2018, 06:16 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Sigh.

I have a pair of shoes that my mom (who has dementia and is living in a memory care unit) loves. I got them at Dillards and they weren't cheap, but doggone it, every time I wear them my mom lights up and wants some too. So I went back to Dillards and bought them for her. I bought the next size up for her because her feet swell. They don't come in "wides." The ones I bought her look just like mine, and are in my size because I wear the "size up" I bought for her.

She couldn't get them on. She really wanted to, really really wanted to, and was so excited about them, but they just don't fit her. (I'll buy her some other shoes somewhere, that's not the problem really.)

I could bring them back...or I could keep them, because they are my size. But I already have a pair of shoes exactly like them! But it's a hassle to bring them back and I'm not even sure I know where the receipt is. I mean, I could find it but I'd have to dig through the trash, which I don't want to do.

But I already have a pair of these shoes.

Oh what to do what to do...

Old 08-11-2018, 02:03 PM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
Dillards is good about taking things back without a receipt. That little yellow sticky they put on everything you purchase has all the info they need.

Went to Publix after the gym to pick up a few things. Needed to use the ladies' room. They are redesigning the bathroom from 4 stalls to just one in order to make room for, what I assume, is a family restroom. So I go in to the new, small ladies' room and there is no hook for my purse so rather than put it on the floor, I put it in the sink. Unfortunately it had one of those motion control sensors on it and my favorite purse got all wet.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:48 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
Been back from vacay for a few days, and I got so sick of restaurant food I feel like I never want to eat out again. But, I really don’t want to cook tonight either. So—-

Old 08-12-2018, 07:38 PM

My doctor told me to avoid tomatoes, red wine, and red meat - I guess anything red? - for a month due to inflammation in my wrist. I just went to the grocery store the night before this visit - and bought tomatoes, red wine, and lean hamburger meat - and a spaghetti squash because, silly me, I thought it would be healthy to make some spaghetti sauce to put over spaghetti squash. Maybe have a glass of red wine along with that meal.

So...giving the tomatoes (and some other "nightshade veggies") to my neighbor - but yes, I did, I drank that entire bottle of wine in one night. Go out with a bang, I say. Freezing the meat. Throwing away the squash I guess (neighbor doesn't want it) or I could drive around with it in my car for a day or two trying to give it away.

Life can sho nuff be tegious sometimes.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:45 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
Do you not like a little butter, salt & pepper on your spaghetti squash? I love it but I can never cut it in half to cook it unless my son is around. Maybe I'll do it Tim Taylor style with a chainsaw. LOL.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Do you not like a little butter, salt & pepper on your spaghetti squash? I love it but I can never cut it in half to cook it unless my son is around. Maybe I'll do it Tim Taylor style with a chainsaw. LOL.
I never tried that. It does sound good.

However, I bought all the stuff to make spaghetti sauce, including tomatoes and ground beef. To heck with it, I'm making the sauce. When it's gone, it's gone, but I'm not giving or throwing away that meat. I already drank the red wine - LOL. So that's gone now.

I have a ginormous knife that I'm literally sort of afraid to have in the house that I cut spaghetti squash in half with. It's sort of like having a gun in the house - I wonder if it can take on life on it's own and do something to me while I'm asleep in bed.

I open the drawer and see it and think, "Augh. There's that KNIFE. It might kill me."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology