Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2017, 11:17 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,876,042 times

Advertisements

We flew 1st Class from Aruba back home to Las Vegas. I had to sit next to an 8 year old girl. Shouldn't they have a "no kids" section on planes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 11:31 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,052,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
We flew 1st Class from Aruba back home to Las Vegas. I had to sit next to an 8 year old girl. Shouldn't they have a "no kids" section on planes?
Ummm..why? Was she disturbing you?

Old 08-29-2017, 12:50 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,167,896 times
I have 32 pillow cases. I rotate about 12 of them so I don't need the rest. Twenty people are getting pillowcase dresses from me this Christmas.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:09 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post
I have 32 pillow cases. I rotate about 12 of them so I don't need the rest. Twenty people are getting pillowcase dresses from me this Christmas.
Well my thoughts go out to the 20 people who have no pillow case because you have so many. What will they do til Christmas? There's a saying you probably know and should be pondering which ends with, "until I met a man who had no pillow case."

Now that that disturbing business is out of the way, I have two pressing issues. The first is this whole debate about whether punctuation belongs before or after the closing quotation mark. Arghhhhh. Ok, that was a little more pirate than I intended, but don't let that distract from the real problem here, which is my inclination to put the period after the quotation mark. I wouldn't put a ? after the ", would I? Course not.

"I wouldn't put the ? after the ", would I"? See, that looks all wrong. But,

"See, that looks all wrong". kinda works. I'm beyond perturbed about this.

And then there's that or which. I think I've been doing that wrong, too. For example, I often write,

"I think I've been doing which wrong, too".

Look at that mess. Just look at it.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:57 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
"Unhooking" grocery carts that are lined up. About 50% of the time, the cart slides out easily, but when it doesn't, I cant get it out. Force doesn't work and I can't figure the secret of unhooking it.....
I call that carts mating. Maybe, like dogs, if we turn the hose on them, we can separate the carts.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:27 PM

581 posts, read 456,829 times
It's 112 degrees today in Vegas and the ice in my Starbucks melted completely thirty seconds after I got into the car.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:54 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
I'm planning a move. In a really tight and tricky rental market, I managed to find us a great place and we got approved for it early this week. It's in the right area for my kid to stay in his school, a ten minute commute to work for my boyfriend and I both, and it's about $300/month cheaper than what I was afraid I might wind up having to pay. It's fantastic. We get the keys on 9/8. We have the rest of September to move.

My boyfriend and I are driving ourselves crazy trying to mentally plan where we're going to put furniture. I'm antsy because I didn't think to look where the cable outlets are. I wish I could get into the place right now and poke around and plan stuff, but I don't want to bother the tenant who is still moving out and cleaning up. The impatience is killing us! Aaggh!

Old 09-02-2017, 07:52 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,256,585 times
Notorious for misplacing things, many of which have never shown up again.

So last night, knowing that a brief cold snap was coming, I dutifully laid out a sweatshirt to go over the tanktop normally worn this time of year.

This morning, I dress, get distracted with various chores, notice I'm cold, and put on a jacket because there's no way I'm using the oil furnace in early Sept.

Very upset now. Where the hell is that sweatshirt, looking all over for it. Later this morning, started to get warm and removed the jacket.

You probably figured out by now that I was/am wearing the sweatshirt.

But hey, I can blame it on genetics. Dad and mom were attending Mass at which the priest's sermon was so interesting that dad fired up a cigarette! Took a couple of jabs in the ribs from mom before it dawned on him what he was doing and where he was.

Another time, dad said, "Hey babe I'm going out to warm up the car." Five minutes later, mom leaves the house and there's ol' dad pulling away from the curb with mom chasing, "John, John, wait for me!"

No there's no Alzheimer's or any other form of dementia in the family's medical history, just a touch of lifelong absent-minded professor-ness.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:35 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Having to wait until the pizza place opens to order. The struggle is real!

Old 09-02-2017, 11:21 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,791,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Having to wait until the pizza place opens to order. The struggle is real!
Holy Mozzarella. That's awful. Have you tried calling the pizza place repeatedly, asking if they're open yet? Bang on the doors! Bang harder. (That's what SHE said.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology