Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2016, 03:55 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,167,896 times

Advertisements

I am crying with laughter at these posts!

I am also crying because the dishwasher I bought for my vacation home takes THREE HOURS to finish one cycle. THREE HOURS. This forces me to set it up before going to bed. The machine at home takes no more than 50 minutes. I just don't get it, they're both Maytag. What's the world coming to?

This morning I was trying to squeeze that last little drop of toothpaste out of the tube before tossing it, and I was using both hands for a big squeeze. Well didn't that lil quarter of an inch white blob just pop right out, into the sink drain, gone forever. I was then forced to get a brand new tube from the drawer below, and go through all the bother of opening the cardboard box which I wasn't in the mood for.

And talking of opening, I bought an HDMI cable a few days ago and could not find scissors to open the plastic anti-shoplifting, anti-terrorist casing around it. I had to use a bread knife and almost caused myself an injury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 04:02 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,550,542 times
My sourdough bread isn't very sour. Can I sue for false advertising? Pain and suffering? And also, punitive damages for personal injury when the crust poked me in the gum.

Old 01-13-2016, 04:05 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times
Had to drive the Lamborghini today. The color of the Mercedes did not match my suit. Now I have to buy another Mercedes to prevent this from happening again. The expenses are getting to be awful, a million here a million there and it starts to add up.

Old 01-13-2016, 05:23 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,821,133 times
I bought a third flat screen 65" Sammy UHD TV for my LR/home theatre.

I receive 2 "free" cable boxes as part of my HOA fee, but I don't want to pay for another one.

So I got Netflix, HBO-Go, a DVD and then, to receive over-the-air Network channels for football parties, I purchased a Mohu Leaf 50 indoor Omni-directional antenna.

It will receive all the desired channels, but only when hung on a nearby wall in such a position that now it looks like a kite is flying indoors!

Obviously, my work is not yet done.

Old 01-13-2016, 05:25 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,549,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post

I am also crying because the dishwasher I bought for my vacation home takes THREE HOURS to finish one cycle. THREE HOURS. This forces me to set it up before going to bed. The machine at home takes no more than 50 minutes. I just don't get it, they're both Maytag. What's the world coming to?

This morning I was trying to squeeze that last little drop of toothpaste out of the tube before tossing it, and I was using both hands for a big squeeze. Well didn't that lil quarter of an inch white blob just pop right out, into the sink drain, gone forever. I was then forced to get a brand new tube from the drawer below, and go through all the bother of opening the cardboard box which I wasn't in the mood for.

And talking of opening, I bought an HDMI cable a few days ago and could not find scissors to open the plastic anti-shoplifting, anti-terrorist casing around it. I had to use a bread knife and almost caused myself an injury.
I love your description of the plastic "anti-shoplifting, anti-terrorist" casing. Rep given

Old 01-13-2016, 05:31 PM

679 posts, read 879,108 times
My personal trainer has the flu!

Old 01-13-2016, 06:24 PM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post

Packaging is a HUGE first world problem. Sometimes if I buy something new and it comes in plastic packaging, it can take days before I summon the energy to try to open it. Eventually I will pour myself a glass of wine, get out several knives and scissors and my garden clippers, and get to work.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:36 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,892,286 times
We haven't had snow once this season.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Toilet paper. Why are there so many choices? I positively detest having to decide which one to try next. It takes too much time in the store and I don't like being late for my private skiing lessons.

Sven gets upset.

I may get a personal shopper.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:55 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
Earlier, I wanted to take a Jacuzzi bath with some herbs from the natural food store. According to my naturopathicly trained doctor, these herbs were used by ancient indigenous people (somewhere - but I forget where) and they have been found to help with fibromyagia.

(First World disease of the first order)

One of the jets in my tub, isn't working. My husband can't fix anything because he has an MBA and he's generally not mechanically inclined.

So, instead, I took a regular soaking bath. And now, I am having a lemon drop. However, after the holidays, we were out of vodka, so I had to go to the liquor store near me that does not carry our brand. So I am having a lemon drop martini with Svedka instead of Grey Goose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology