Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 11:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,602,632 times

Advertisements

Kenmore Energy Star 13 Cubic Foot Chest Freezer 1634

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I have had this freezer for almost a year and so far I am pleased with the purchase. It works well, keeps my food frozen and is very convenient.

One of my favorite features of this freezer are the baskets which are placed near the top of the freezer. With so many chest freezers it is difficult to find products that are near the bottom and to organize the food. I use these baskets to organize the foods that will be needed soonest. Plus when I take them out I can easily access the foods in the bottom of the freezer as well.

The freezer has a light which makes finding items much easier. I keep the freezer in my garage and like that I can open it up, get what I need and get out without ever having to turn on the lights. Having a light in a chest freezer is very convenient and all too often you don't see them.

Another creative feature in this freezer is the child lock. When long term freezers are opened too often ice crystals and freezer burn will start to develop on items. I keep the freezer locked most of the time which keeps us from opening it, except when we really need something. While I don't have children that could easily get into this, I find that it is a great feature for keeping adults out as well.

It is easy to clean and the paint isn't damaged easily, even when things are placed on top or it is bumped into. It looks as good as new even after several months of use.

At times the freezer runs a little loud, although this isn't a common occurrence. I also wish that the cord was a little longer, which would make finding an out of the way storage location a little easier. These are the only negatives that I can think of and they don't really impact the performance of the machine at all. I recommend this freezer.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews