Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:09 PM

582 posts, read 2,039,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
Last year, I didn't get it when LaDainian Tomlinson said the Patriots had no class. I enjoyed watching the Pats. They were a good, solid team at the top of their game. Then Spygate broke, and it all made sense. Bunker mentality, deflect the blame, and instead of taking the punishment like men, they took it out on the rest of the league by running up the score whenever they could. Remember Belichick saying "What do you want us to do, kick a field goal?" Well, when it's the fourth quarter and you're already up by 30, YEAH. (Look how not trying to FG on fourth down came back to haunt them in the SB.) You don't treat other professional colleauges like that. If you've got the game in the bag, you let off. You run the ball, you kick on fourth down, you might even take out your starters. You DON'T keep lobbing bombs down the field and trying for touchdowns on fourth down. That's what made me sick about this team this year ... as much as knowing they cheated. It was unprofessional and showed a total lack of class and dignity.

I'm serious when I say a Pats victory yesterday would have been a black mark on the league. The Giants' win was probably the most important victory for the game of professional football in the modern era. It kept the integrity of the league intact. I think it's appropriate that this happened in the Goodell era. He's all about law and order, and the rule-breaking Patriots didn't win on his watch.

In the end, cheaters don't win, and winners don't cheat. If you show no class and respect, cheat to win, and think you're unbeatable, it WILL come back to bite you. The Patriots found that out.
excellent post you completely described how arrogant this team was all year the giants saved the nfl from losing it's integrity.this team had no respect for anybody and fans took as they we're that good.they are a good team but winners do not go for it on 4th down up by 20 in the 4th qtr that is just claseless and unprofessional and the nfl did not need that.i am so glad thay got beat the giants really gave it they're all yesterday what an effort to take down a monster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 05:24 PM

283 posts, read 1,291,606 times
You know, in my opinion, the only Patriot that I had to give some rep points to to was (believe it or not) Mr. Randy Moss. If you saw his post-game interview, he was very open, answered all questions, knew that they had been out-played, and didn't dole out a bunch of excuses.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:44 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,250,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird22 View Post
You know, in my opinion, the only Patriot that I had to give some rep points to to was (believe it or not) Mr. Randy Moss. If you saw his post-game interview, he was very open, answered all questions, knew that they had been out-played, and didn't dole out a bunch of excuses.
I agree he did a good job.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:05 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
excellent post you completely described how arrogant this team was all year the giants saved the nfl from losing it's integrity.this team had no respect for anybody and fans took as they we're that good.they are a good team but winners do not go for it on 4th down up by 20 in the 4th qtr that is just claseless and unprofessional and the nfl did not need that.i am so glad thay got beat the giants really gave it they're all yesterday what an effort to take down a monster.
I am wondering if the same scoring philosophy should apply to basketball, baseball, and the rest. If so, what should the set margin of victory be?

Old 02-04-2008, 06:13 PM

528 posts, read 2,481,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
Last year, I didn't get it when LaDainian Tomlinson said the Patriots had no class. I enjoyed watching the Pats. They were a good, solid team at the top of their game. Then Spygate broke, and it all made sense. Bunker mentality, deflect the blame, and instead of taking the punishment like men, they took it out on the rest of the league by running up the score whenever they could. Remember Belichick saying "What do you want us to do, kick a field goal?" Well, when it's the fourth quarter and you're already up by 30, YEAH.
I see....so, since you reference LT and the Chargers, were they also wrong this year when on Oct. 7 they beat the Broncos 41-3....they were leading by 31 points at the end of the third quarter, and continued to try to score. In fact, they scored a touchdown in the 4th quarter to make it 41-3.

Or how about on Dec. 6, when they played the Lions and were leading by 30 points at the end of the third quarter...continued to try to score and made another touchdown in the 4th quarter to make the final 51-14.

Or is it only wrong when its the Pats that are doing it?

Old 02-04-2008, 10:26 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,926,939 times
Gag Reflex (http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/sports_blog/blog/2008/02/04/gag_reflex/ - broken link): A Boston writer's perspective on the choke. It's a very good read for those who follow the NYC/Boston rivalry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football