Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2021, 04:58 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,947 times

Advertisements

I do think Garrett's playcalling most times--was bad. But he is not the sole guilty party here. But, the Giants usage of Galloday, Engram and Toney really leaves a lot to be desired.

But, firing Garret does not fix the offensive line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2021, 06:03 PM

14,329 posts, read 14,629,286 times
NFL Network really got into the teams always adding the "big uglies", working on their lines and teams that don't. They sounded like, sure fire Garrett, but is he the only problem here?

Don't want to butt in on the Giants thread but I do take an interest in the "old" original teams.

Old 11-24-2021, 01:01 AM

796 posts, read 505,652 times
No suprise that they canned Garrett so quickly but the Giants got a few problems to address especially in the off season.

I also believe Jones is more of a back up than starter. Part of it is O-line but Jones decision making leaves a lot desired.

I would hate to have to pay him 40+ mil a year.

Old 11-24-2021, 02:33 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
No suprise that they canned Garrett so quickly but the Giants got a few problems to address especially in the off season.

I also believe Jones is more of a back up than starter. Part of it is O-line but Jones decision making leaves a lot desired.

I would hate to have to pay him 40+ mil a year.
I don’t even think the Giants will want to pick up Jones fifth year option let alone a new deal. While there is plenty of blame to go around for how bad the offense is, Jones has shown nothing that would indicate he can be a part of the solution. I’m sure Gettleman is watching his old team pick up an ill-advised option for a NY starting QB and is thinking “nah.”

Old 12-03-2021, 09:42 PM

I think the Giants will let Jones play out next season, and then decide what to do from there. However, I could be wrong because a new GM may have a different thought entirely and could be in "full blown love" (Using Gettlemen's words about Jones) with one of the QBs in this draft class.

Regardless, whoever the GM is, they need to make fixing the offensive line (For real this time!) the top priority. Almost nothing else matters. They will probably try to roll with Jones with better line play.

Old 12-04-2021, 09:36 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,883,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I think the Giants will let Jones play out next season, and then decide what to do from there. However, I could be wrong because a new GM may have a different thought entirely and could be in "full blown love" (Using Gettlemen's words about Jones) with one of the QBs in this draft class.

Regardless, whoever the GM is, they need to make fixing the offensive line (For real this time!) the top priority. Almost nothing else matters. They will probably try to roll with Jones with better line play.
Agree, I think he’ll get one more year. He had a nice 400 yard passing game, and he can scramble well. It just seems like he’s the type of QB who can’t do it by himself like the elite QBs can. He needs Barkley healthy, a healthy line, and quality receivers. If there are any deficits, he on his own can’t really make up for it. But the potential to be at least decent is there. Any QB who can pass for 400 yards and was a 1st round pick, has someone in them. I don’t think the Giants will give up on him just yet.

Old 12-05-2021, 12:26 AM

Right, if his current weapons could all stay healthy for more than a couple of quarters together, and then they get at least an average O-Line, maybe Jones will really be able to show what he is capable of.

Old 12-05-2021, 11:19 PM

The Dolphins D has been lights out of late, but it is still amazing to see how difficult it is for the Giants to just score points. They have a hard time scoring two TDs in a game...and in this game, they scored no TDs...

Old 12-13-2021, 11:39 PM

This week, the Giants were dead after Herbert's 59 yd TD pass before the half. Before the Giants D slept on that play, the Giants O got the ball with a little less than two minutes to go in the half--right after a horrible Charger punt set NY up around the LA 40 yard line. The Giants then proceeded to go: Incomplete, pass for -2 yards, incomplete, punt.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is NOT how you run a two minute drill. Giants have now been outscored 59-0 at the end of the first half this season.

Old 01-02-2022, 11:34 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,481,580 times
Taking out weeks 9-13 of last season when the Giants went 4-0 with a bye sandwiched in there, Judge is only 6-22 in his other 28 career games. Are we so sure Mara really wants him back for another season, especially with a new GM coming in, where he'll be a lame duck coach?? I know the team has been bad and injuries certainly haven't helped but he's had basically a full 2 years worth of games under his belt and he has 10 career wins and almost half of those 10 wins came in one specific 5 week stretch. Their embarrassing effort today against a Bears team that is so bad that bad would be embarrassed you are using it to compare to said Bears should be another strike against him.

Giants ownership going to have to answer a lot of questions beginning next Monday. We already know there will be a new GM, if not official will be in due time. Pretty good chance to get a new QB whether through FA or trade. Do you bring in a new coach and tear it down completely, or stick through 1 more season and hope the GM spends money wisely on both sides of the ball this spring, and let the GM decide both of their fates??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football