Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 10:51 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
If you like the AFL and it is on Versus, wouldnt that make it not suck to you at least for that short time period?

What does TCU have to do with Versus?

Versus is a fine channel for what it is.
TCU is apart of the Mountain West and the Mountain West has a contract with Versus. We only get like one game (usually against the WORST team in the conference) and not everyone has that network.

I'd rather the Arena League go for something more than Versus.

That network just seems second rate to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 08:15 AM

371 posts, read 597,222 times
Just some recent news, the Milwaukee Iron changed their name to the Milwaukee Mustangs, branding a new logo, similar to the Denver Broncos.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:30 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin96 View Post
Just some recent news, the Milwaukee Iron changed their name to the Milwaukee Mustangs, branding a new logo, similar to the Denver Broncos.
Their doing this to relate to their former identity. The original team was called the Milwaukee Mustangs:

I remember the first time I saw that team back in the 90's and thinking: "Good God, they have ugly colors...."

Old 02-10-2011, 09:56 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,998,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
TCU is apart of the Mountain West and the Mountain West has a contract with Versus. We only get like one game (usually against the WORST team in the conference) and not everyone has that network.

I'd rather the Arena League go for something more than Versus.

That network just seems second rate to me.

The Arena League is a second rate league. You really can't expect them to get a lot of games on major networks. The ratings do not justify that.

You cannot really blame Versus completely for what game they show. Mountain West has a say in what games are shown. At least that is how TV contracts usually work.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:05 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,655,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
It gets worse...

Pittsburgh

Georgia

Tulsa

Some of these teams either downgraded their logos or just went back to looking like a generic, upstart league again as they did in the 80's and 90's.
You are right! I really didnt like the Georgia logo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football