Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 08:04 PM

45 posts, read 200,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Missmeamea is right on in all of her points. I've got one thing to say about the pizza, though.

Yes, Portland pizza can be weird. But one of the best kept secrets in metro Portland is that there's some really good pizza in Vancouver. There's a little shop over on Chkalov that serves great New York style pizza. It's definitely worth crossing the bridge for, even with today's gas prices. And I love Vancouver Pizza at 24th and Main. And soon they'll be opening a new Rock Wood Fired Pizza over on SR14 next to the new Fred Meyer. And Pizza Italiana on 4th Plain is good stuff, too.

There's probably more. I haven't tried all of the pizza in Vancouver yet. But I will.
Reeeeally? Hmm! I didn't have a car so I didn't get out to Vancouver much...now I'm all indignant at what I was missing out on! Real NY Style pizza? With grease? 'Cause I'm convinced, it's all about the kind of cheese and the kind of grease it produces when melted And it has to be floppy enough to need to fold the slice in half when you eat it. Can't tell you how many time Portlanders looked at me weird if I happened to forget and fold my slice...when I moved back East, no matter what my negative feelings are about the East Coast, I nearly wept with joy at Sbarro's when I saw the entire joint filled with people eating folded slices!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland