Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 04:49 PM

2,362 posts, read 3,010,574 times

Advertisements

Why do people think congress is in charge of providing jobs? Where the private companies at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 04:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,861,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Why do people think congress is in charge of providing jobs? Where the private companies at?
It's taken years but as you can see it's worked.
Only government intervention can fix everyone's problems.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:54 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,830,638 times
In order to sound less hypocritical he should stop being pro-illegal immigration.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:42 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,096,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
Is he pointing the finger elsewhere? To me it looks like he's addressing issues that are not being dealt with within Congress.

Certainly you don't think he is for every person in Congress?
every person in Congress?... no.. the majority of the members of Congress? Yes he is.

Jesse don't care about issues that effect every day people, Jesse only cares about what is going to get him his next slot on the news or in the paper.

Jesse is a main that wants everyone to think he cares about issues, but alas, he doesnt, he cares only about himself, and what can make him look the most positive in his own eyes.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:52 AM

814 posts, read 673,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
every person in Congress?... no.. the majority of the members of Congress? Yes he is.

Jesse don't care about issues that effect every day people, Jesse only cares about what is going to get him his next slot on the news or in the paper.

Jesse is a main that wants everyone to think he cares about issues, but alas, he doesnt, he cares only about himself, and what can make him look the most positive in his own eyes.
I don't think he's in with all the dems in congress.

Your views on him could parallel any politician in DC!

Old 06-09-2010, 05:01 AM

Quote:
I don't think he's in with all the dems in congress.

Your views on him could parallel any politician in DC!
My views on him parallel a good chunk of American citizens. My views on him have come from seeing him in action for many years, and from talking to him and his eldest son.

While it is true that I don't like the man on a personal level, that is not my basis for my views of him in the media realm.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:11 AM

814 posts, read 673,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
My views on him parallel a good chunk of American citizens. My views on him have come from seeing him in action for many years, and from talking to him and his eldest son.

While it is true that I don't like the man on a personal level, that is not my basis for my views of him in the media realm.
Citizens are not politicians.

Like I said before.... don't shoot the messenger(seems to be a common trait on this forum). He is saying what many Americans are thinking and has a bigger outlet than you or I.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Citizens are not politicians.

Like I said before.... don't shoot the messenger(seems to be a common trait on this forum). He is saying what many Americans are thinking and has a bigger outlet than you or I.
Saying is one thing, actually trying to do something about it is another... which I doubt he will do.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:04 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,367,653 times
Quote:
Some 300,000 teachers face layoffs this coming year. Congress hasn't even had a vote on legislation that would keep them employed.
(in my reply the use of "you" is a general term)
And what can congress do to create jobs? Nothing! Congress cannot "create" a job that isn't completele dependant on the people.
Why do so many people believe our government is the answer to jobs? How much money was spent on the stimulas? Good god folks, waiting for someone else to do something is why we are in this mess to begin with! Expecting the government to "FIX YOUR" problem will only create more problems. Why anyone would give someone else so much controll over their own life is beyond my understanding.
Do you thing "Congress" will do whats best for "you"?
How about this, I go to your house and tell you how to run it and all these new regulations will be financed by you. Oh, I'll help out but I'll use the money I've been charging you to regulate your own home! (HAHAHAHAHAHA suckers!)

Old 06-09-2010, 06:53 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,997,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
They've been taxed out of existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies