Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:14 PM

27,218 posts, read 46,799,974 times

Advertisements

The unemployment is still sky high and with the double counted census workers the amount is even higher than the number Obama wants us to believe...

I hear all the time "oil spill", "illegals", "Israel"....and then...NOTHING!

What about the jobs Obama promissed....is there any one who even believe one word the man is saying...

Yesterday it was the anniversary of D-DAY!!!!...where was Obama?

How many soldiers died on the beaches....will the same happen to all the soldiers fighting right now...are we suppose to act like the soldiers aren't fighting for freedom and act like they don't exist and party on while they are there away from their family and millions over here have no job or pay check cuts....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 05:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,994,056 times
Oh don't you worry. The fall campaign will be heating up soon and obama and the democrats will have to defend their waste of a $1+ trillion on the Failed Stimulus.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:34 PM

515 posts, read 717,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh don't you worry. The fall campaign will be heating up soon and obama and the democrats will have to defend their waste of a $1+ trillion on the Failed Stimulus.
Don't be holding your breath waiting for their attempt to defend the indefensible!

MY money is on some manufactured "crisis" magically appearing, right on cue, to mesmerize the media and thereby sufficiently distracting the sheeple from reality.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:42 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,867,126 times
It seems all this administration is doing for jobs is continuing to extend u/e benefits. They keep touting the failed stimulus as a success and it needs to stop. The American people are smart enough to know that the stimulus was a failure. When you see 15 million people out of work, we should know that the stimulus didn't work. Not to mention, the millions who have just given up looking.

This administration has also made it clear that they don't want to secure the Mexican border. This will mean more illegals and even fewer jobs for the unemployed.

The unemployed need jobs and most needed them like YESTERDAY.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:46 PM

159 posts, read 144,572 times
Jobs in the private sector is the most important thing i can think of. Get people working, that'll get more people spending and bring in more tax revenue at the state and federal level.

I'm starting to wonder if the middle east may trump that for a while though. If this president doesn't step up and ease tensions in that region we could be looking at disaster.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:00 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,200,226 times
Stop being a commie!
Jobs are not important. That corporations can rake in the money is important.
That we have the most lethal military is important. That we can own guns is important. That everyone believes in Jesus is important.
Come on, tune in to American priorities. Drop the commie attitude!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:01 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,151,932 times
Current events i'm sure don't make the President happy, but I bet he's at least a little relieved to have unemployment out of the front page headlines. The economy more than anything weighs on the minds of the constituency. Any diversion at all is bound to be a bit of relief for the Prez.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Exactly. When Obama and liberals are out of business, we'll have more jobs than workers to fill them. Jobs-a-plenty!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:09 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,464,528 times
I agree with you. The issue of Unemployment seems to fading more and more each day. And each day, I give the thought of Isolationsim a fresh look. Put up the wall, lock the gates, pull back the troops and fleets, turn off the international foreign aid spout and let us focus for one solid year on just the US and her citizens. Just address and resolve our own problems without having to be a world player. Get a fair tax code worked out, resolve illegal immigration, fix our welfare states, get people back to work, close up the loopholes for banks and tighten restrictions on some of their past activities, and all of just work together for the common good of our own country with no outside distractions. Then, after a year, with proper policies in place, re-open the gates to do business again. Crazy thought, I know - but a gal can dream!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:14 PM

One of the cornerstones of communism is the right to have a job.
In capitalism you have to compete for jobs. One wins, the others lose.
You guys aren't commies, are ya?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies