Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 06:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,301,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
OMG! He hasn't been elected yet and he's already "had a long week?"

He's only been on the hot seat for a few days and he's already tired???

What a WIMP!
When will Bammer's next press conference take place? The last one took place in July, 2009 so I guess he doesn't owe anybody anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 06:44 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,080,649 times
"Rand Paul camp cancels Meet the Press because "he's had a long week"

It ain't easy being on the wrong side of history.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:47 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When will Bammer's next press conference take place? The last one took place in July, 2009 so I guess he doesn't owe anybody anything.
This is a thread about Rand Paul.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:47 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,509,759 times
Quote:
I didn't even know that Paul was running for President but he is acting a lot like Obama as far as press questions are concerned.
Sorry Roy, were not changing the subject to Obama as you would like. I guess you agree with the ideals and actions of the Rand.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:51 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,920,025 times
Here's another embarrassment for the GOP. First there was Sarah, now it's Rand. Rand is definitely NOT a libertarian..why on earth does he claim to be one? To gain more votes perhaps?

Old 05-21-2010, 06:53 PM

7,188 posts, read 4,773,796 times
The GOP has no real leadership. They have no plan of action. All they have is obstructionism. That's it.

The Libertarians are a bunch of anachronistic philosophical purists who are completely detached from political reality.

The Tea Party has no real leaders. They're unable to verbalize a specific platform. There is no consensus as to what they want never mind HOW they are going to do it. It's very difficult to engage in civil discourse with the baggers. It's more like a mob united in a deep burning desire to "get the uppity Negro" out of office.

So that leaves the Democrats at whom I am very pissed because we are still in Iraq and it's high time to get out of there. Afghanistan is another waste of blood, time, effort and money.

I guess next time I step into a voting booth, I'm just gonna have to write in "None of the above."

Old 05-21-2010, 06:56 PM

7,188 posts, read 4,773,796 times
Quote:
I could care less. I generally do not watch "press conferences". Too much like a pack of hound dogs howling.

I do watch occasional interviews, though.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:36 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,371,754 times
Unlike others I am not going to make weak excuses for my party or some person and defend them to no end.That approach lacks integrity and is dishonest,is it any wonder we have the leaders that we do?
I have not seen anyone run for office and stumble out the gate since Fred Thompson ran for POTUS.And Rand has out stumbled old Fred by a landslide.In two days we have the CRA,oil spill,and canceling meet the press.The story the OP posted said the reason he canceled was that he had a long week and was tired.His campaign mgr said this:
Quote:
"Rand did Good Morning America today, set the record straight, and now we are done talking about it," said campaign spokesman Jesse Benton. "No more national interviews on the topic."
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/135405 (broken link)
I have a problem with both those scenarios,saying your tired and running to serve your country as a senator?So I agree with other posters that it is weak and lame.The second one is like a admission that the heat is too hot in the kitchen so I will flee.That is also weak and lame,I would want someone I support to fight with everything that they have.
Rand is not ready for prime time and has a lot to learn about leadership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies