Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:43 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,402,392 times

Advertisements

While I support the petition I don't necessarily support the last phrase of the petition.

But I'll bend my values to shut her the F#%k up!

Tell Sarah Palin: Start Telling The Truth | Change.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 07:47 AM

2,539 posts, read 4,095,648 times
There goes that freedom of speech for the few liberals only..

Old 05-17-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
There goes that freedom of speech for the few liberals only..
"Freedom of speech" only applies to those questioning a liberal slant. Eternal damnation awaits those who dare exercise the same right against the conservative/tea bagger/creationist.

I'd be happy to prove it during the next tea bagger gathering but I really don't feel like getting my butt kicked/glasses broke to prove a point.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:59 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,354,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
"Freedom of speech" only applies to those questioning a liberal slant. Eternal damnation awaits those who dare exercise the same right against the conservative/tea bagger/creationist.

I'd be happy to prove it during the next tea bagger gathering but I really don't feel like getting my butt kicked to prove a point.
Did I see anything there that proved that the Democrat Congressional Campaign Committee is going to tell all truth? I don't remember that promise so guess I won't sign that one.

It seems to me that I remember a whole string of Democrat promises a couple of years ago that bought lots of votes and then became just what they were, campaign promises, which are the ones one just forgets after gathering tht votes. Can I trust something like that?

Old 05-17-2010, 08:00 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,182,532 times
The whole 'death panels' thing was overblown in my opinion. The absolute constriction and restriction of funds by the government is indeed a de facto 'death panel.' Anyone who has had an elderly loved one who has required a hospital stay will tell you that hospital stays are often cut short because of Medicare's reluctance to continue paying beyond a certain amount. Are there true death panels? No. Are there restrictions on medical care due to the control of the purse strings? Absolutely. Medicare will not pay infinite amounts of money to keep someone alive. This point is completely lost on those Liberals who have declared war on Palin.

Sarah Palin could have used a better choice of words, but she's not altogether wrong in her assertion.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:00 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,115,000 times
Getting Pain to tell the truth would be like proving the existence of 'Big Foot'. But then again, she can probably see it from her porch.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:01 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,115,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did I see anything there that proved that the Democrat Congressional Campaign Committee is going to tell all truth? I don't remember that promise so guess I won't sign that one.

It seems to me that I remember a whole string of Democrat promises a couple of years ago that bought lots of votes and then became just what they were, campaign promises, which are the ones one just forgets after gathering tht votes. Can I trust something like that?
And what's a few campaign promises, when you can just violate an Oath?! Now there's some high standards...

Old 05-17-2010, 08:05 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,664,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
While I support the petition I don't necessarily support the last phrase of the petition.

But I'll bend my values to shut her the F#%k up!

Tell Sarah Palin: Start Telling The Truth | Change.org
Nobody will ever shut her up.
She has values and opinions that many happen to agree with.
As far as the death panels go, that remains to be seen.
Of course there is one thing for sure, they will be introduced under a different name.
Poor old Joe is in unbelievable pain. Will we hear, "We are so sorry Joe but the pain medication is not covered under your plan.
We feel so bad and would like to help you with this nice shot that will end all of your problems."
Wonder what NICE name for that "bill" will be?
Wonder how it will be worded?
Will we need to hire a lawyer to tell us what is in it?
Or do we just find out when it happens to us.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Well, here they are good buddy!

PolitiFact | Barack Obama's file

Now, can you show anything close to what the above listed air heads have promised, distorted or obstructed? I can, with minimal effort, but copying and pasting would require considerable effort. To make my job easier, I'll just tell you to wonder about my reference and factcheck.org. I'd list Faux also but they don't check their assertions, errrrr "facts" . . . Do they?

Old 05-17-2010, 08:56 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,685,831 times
But if she stops talking, she'll disappear. You didn't think she was running around saying things for the hell of it, did you? It's the only way she can keep extending her 15 minutes of fame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies