Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 12:47 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,695,452 times

Advertisements

COLUMBIA, MS (WDAM) - A Columbia woman is happy to be alive after she was attacked by a pit bull dog earlier this week.

Tanya Barnes, 47, said her life has been turned upside down. She was consoling a family friend when she was allegedly attacked by one of his pit bulls.

Columbia woman barely survives pit bull attack - WDAM - Channel 7 - Serving Hattiesburg, Laurel and the Pine Belt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 02:30 PM

383 posts, read 223,278 times
And once again a supposed pit bull attack with no pictures.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:38 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,695,452 times

Video at link below,

Columbia woman barely survives pit bull attack - WDAM - Channel 7 - Serving Hattiesburg, Laurel and the Pine Belt

Old 04-17-2010, 02:48 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,310,058 times
I read recently that a pit bull attacked a brand new baby; the child did not survive. Sorry, lost soul, no pictures of that one either.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:56 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,060,835 times
This is why I do not trust dogs as it is in their nature to fight. I was attacked by a dog (chow) that we owned for 6 years. Even service animals make me nervous.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:42 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,373,472 times
"My friend said that he was going to the restroom, and as he left his male dog got off the couch to follow him and stepped on the puppy," said Barnes. "I didn't even see the female dog move, it was like a rattle snake. I felt the power, and it just took my head and it had its whole jaw in my mouth. And her upper jaw with her teeth right here in my eye. And she just pulled, and as she pulled up she just shook my head."

reading between the lines, I get this: the owner appears to have a male dog, a female dog, and at least one puppy. obvious assumption to draw: the male and female dogs are breeders and the puppy was part of a litter. given how the female dog reacted, I wonder if the puppy was very young. the mother dog flipped out and attacked someone she assumed was hurting her puppy. I don't like to attribute many human emotions to animals, but it's very common knowledge that animals will do anything to protect their young. of course, the dog shouldn't have reacted like this, but it's not too surprising that a female animal would do this.

I bring up this challenge so many times when a anti-pit bull thread rears its ugly head: I dare anyone to find me a reported pit bull attack that features at least the following:

-a neutered dog
-a dog not nursing/protecting a nearby pup/litter
-a trained and socialized dog
-a dog not badly trained to guard/attack
-a dog that wasn't taunted/tormented/teased
-a dog that wasn't abused or neglected
-a dog that wasn't a "yard dog" and left outside 24/7

any dog of any breed that is abused, neglected, ill trained, and ill socialized can bite. intact dogs w/ raging hormones and nursing mothers can also be prone to biting (not always of course, but it varies w/ the animal, not the breed). any dog that falls into one on the above criteria, including pit bulls, is far less likely to bite than one that doesn't

Old 04-17-2010, 08:02 PM

383 posts, read 223,278 times
I had a Pit Bull for over a year it was the greatest animal I have ever owned and never attacked anyone she warned you plenty before hand not to come on our property, some jerk shot her in the back and paralyzed her. Had to have her put down.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,351 times
Lostsoul... You seem to really be a lost soul. Do you actually need pictures to verify that this woman was attacked by a pitbull. I guess you don't believe we went to the moon or that jilted killed millions of Jews. I registered on this site just to tell you what an ignorant soul you are. Maybe you should change your name to that....I bet it's not taken.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:27 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,240,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxdle View Post
Lostsoul... You seem to really be a lost soul. Do you actually need pictures to verify that this woman was attacked by a pitbull. I guess you don't believe we went to the moon or that jilted killed millions of Jews. I registered on this site just to tell you what an ignorant soul you are. Maybe you should change your name to that....I bet it's not taken.
Ummm, I think he was talking about pictures of the dog. So many times the pit bull gets called out in dog attacks, when in fact it was another breed.

Pet Pitbull - Find the Pit Bull

Old 04-28-2010, 11:30 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,450,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul83 View Post
I had a Pit Bull for over a year it was the greatest animal I have ever owned and never attacked anyone she warned you plenty before hand not to come on our property, some jerk shot her in the back and paralyzed her. Had to have her put down.
If indeed the incident actually took place..what happened to the guy who shot her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies