Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 11:06 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,023,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Oh, please. My point was clear.

Agreed. I've seen many claim that all taxation is theft, but that's not an opinion. It's a false assertion.
Seems that your 'point' is that those opinions that don't align with yours somehow are no longer opinions, but rather 'false assertions'. Faulty argument at it's very base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 11:08 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,581,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
Seems that your 'point' is that those opinions that don't align with yours somehow are no longer opinions, but rather 'false assertions'. Faulty argument at it's very base.

Uh, no. My point is that a false assertion is not an opinion. You do know the difference?

Old 04-17-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionThis View Post
You lost me at watching TV...

Do you really need to have commentary on something you are actually experiencing in real life? The only thing I get from TV is the blue screen right before I pop in a DVD.

"You're in difficult times...woooHooooEEEEOOOO...buy gold, NOW! Oh please, (wag head) it was the (add political party)'s fault all along with their (add political parties agenda) years under (add opposing political party's president). Vince here, with the new SHAMWOW. WoooWhOOOO."
No kidding, but I do watch news, science/nature and Law and Order. (And White Sox games when they're televised.)

Old 04-17-2010, 11:15 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,023,883 times
Quote:

Uh, no. My point is that a false assertion is not an opinion. You do know the difference?
I do, but I'm wondering if you actually know the difference.

Give me an example of a false assertion by Fox...

Old 04-17-2010, 11:15 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,461,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
He and his buddies at MSNBC are giving people way too much credit. Otherwise the radicals at both stations wouldn't be polarizing the country with their personal rants.

God help us all. Wait, can I say God........

Someone help us all. Oh yeah. That sounds better.
I would think that anyone who saw Fox on Saturday morning after 9:00 am for a couple of hours would take them out for always having one token lib who talks with his head up the normal place for THEM and never seem to want to admit that anything the Fox people say could be true. Nope he didn't really call them out for what they do in the name of diversity.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:17 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,488,326 times
Quote:
Agreed. I've seen many claim that all taxation is theft, but that's not an opinion. It's a false assertion.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt the left proclaim that taxes were theft being used to fund illegal wars, started by a president that stole the election? None of these are true, but that hasnt stopped the left from repeating it.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Show after show of ""EXPERTS""" interviewing each other about Polls or what some other "expert " says.

I love Liddy, North and the other convicted Felons who are experts.
I take it you have seen Liddy and North talking on the economic shows on Saturday morning. I have never seen them then but then only have Fox on all morning on Saturday. One of us is full of it or at least talking out his a.. and it isn't me.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I have to admit, as much as I love the political stance of Fox news, I really despise the style and fakeness of some of their programs.

Like you I cringe sometimes when I hear just a bunch of fake laughs and petty ha-has over stupid things. And it's true that they often keep repeating stuff that is obvious.

Aside from the presentation aspect though of some of their shows, I still like their conservative political stance.
I detest their Saturday morning money shows but do find that I seldom disagree with what they say. It is the six person shout down that I don't like along with the fact that some of the voices just make me sick, almost so sick that I can't hear the words.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
So what you're implying ... is their "FAIR AND BALANCED" mantra is nothing more than a LIE !!!

Nice to see those from the other side finally admitting it.

Maybe now you can see why we liberals consider FAUX NEWS a complete joke ???
I watched about 10 minutes of MSNBC this morning and just had to go back to Fox. I am too stupid to watch anything else, I guess, at least in the eyes of members of THAT GROUP, (THEM).

Old 04-17-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt the left proclaim that taxes were theft being used to fund illegal wars?
Don't know. Don't care.
Quote:
Neither one is true, but that hasnt stopped the left from using it..
There are gullible people on both sides, and those who manipulate them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies