Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 10:04 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,064,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
You can look up political campaign donations (many different ways), but type in some zipcodes near you. On the right it should give you a total amount dontated to each political party for that particular zipcode.

Next, compare nice neighborhoods to rougher ones... upper class ones to lower class ones. Make a note of which party receives more political donations, republican vs democrat.

From trying this out myself, I've noticed that the nicer the neighborhood, the higher the donations to republican candidates. The worse the neighborhood, the higher the donations to democratic candidates.
My contribution only shows up if my full name is typed in. It does not appear under the list of names for my zip code so I'm not sure about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 10:42 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,512,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
After being forced to live in Ohio for 5 years, the less said about it the better.
We're glad you found the exit.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:20 PM

18,137 posts, read 25,324,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Ewwww. I am disgusted. My city voted for Republicans.
Military City, USA = San Antonio, Texas voted for Barack Obama

Obama Won Dallas, Houston and San Antonio - Donklephant » Blog Archive »

Military City USA - San Antonio

Old 04-17-2010, 02:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
You can look up political campaign donations (many different ways), but type in some zipcodes near you. On the right it should give you a total amount dontated to each political party for that particular zipcode.

Next, compare nice neighborhoods to rougher ones... upper class ones to lower class ones. Make a note of which party receives more political donations, republican vs democrat.

From trying this out myself, I've noticed that the nicer the neighborhood, the higher the donations to republican candidates. The worse the neighborhood, the higher the donations to democratic candidates.
and?

Old 04-17-2010, 02:10 PM

383 posts, read 223,028 times
HA! I found a guy that gave over 1k to Obama that lives like 2 streets down from me. What a moron.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:12 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,606,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Proves that republicans are elitists
A totally rediculous post....

Old 04-17-2010, 05:28 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,996,696 times
Quote:

whatyousay !!! ... Great Post ! ..... Rep later due to CDF !

I wouldn't have expected the results to reflect any other pattern !

No surprises at all regarding the flakey DINO's and their campaign donations ..... It is what it is !

When one takes a very close look at what all those so called Democrat's purchased with that very big boat load of campaign money ... it truly
causes so many of the American People to become acutely nauseated due to the extreme disappointment and embarrassment they experience every time they think about the current "Political Circus" mess down there at the big house in old D.C.

It just goes to show that all the money in the world cannot purchase true leadership, common sense, honesty and good old American Patriotism !
Never has and never will !

Hopefully the American people will wake up very soon and make some desperately needed changes before it's too late !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Certainly a political disaster of this magnitude must be someones fault !
Oh yes ! I completely forgot it has to be that mean Old George Bushies
fault without a doubt !!! Case Closed .....

The vast majority of the extreme left leaning liberal crew appear to have inhabited areas such as these in the U.S. for a long, long time !

Old 04-17-2010, 07:05 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,797,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
I was joking.
Glad to know that, because people putting hate on a state is unamerican no matter which party is selling that idea.

Quote:
And there is no such thing as a living wage. That is just some nonsense term.

Employers are not there to provide a "living" wage. They are responsible for paying for what the job is worth. Nothing more.

If someone doen't feel they can live on said wage it is THEIR responsibility to improve their situation so they can earn more money.

Employers are not charities.
Neither are employees, and neither should an employer be receiving charity from our tax dollars/government on the very same grounds of your argument.
Huge fan of personal responsibility here. When someone else is standing in anothers way from taking responsibility for themselves, is that the American way? Whether its government or a consortium of employers, what right do either of these forces have interfering with someone taking responsibility for themselves?

Quote:
Living wage is nonsense. It is a meaningless term.
I think this is another thread but before you resign yourself permanently to the idea that a living wage is a fairy tale as per party line salesmen, you should consider a few things.
Who decides what anything costs? What happens when market is tampered with to fix prices in either extreme?

Why have party line salesmen gotten by selling the notion that the market math rules for the upper 10% should be a different math for the bottom 10%? FYI they factually do have separate math, to the detriment of themselves and all, but more so to the middle class.

Why feed into the belief system sold that the rules of the road for labor ought to be separate for management and vice versa?

Your claim of mythology... there's mythology in your reasoning. Look again. While I do understand the abuses of entitlement mentalities coming from the bottom, the entitlement mentality coming from the top should merit the same response if not moreso since they're purchasing legislation writing their own free lunch ticket. Corporations own every politician we've got. Republicans cannot save you, and neither can Democrats or any third party until we fix this machine.

We can continue to feed these two extremes of baboons wanting their behinds kissed dragging the whole country down, or we can come up with a better deal that's fair to all. The more you (and others) lean on party line salesmen, the longer this baboon climate will continue.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:15 PM

487 posts, read 637,194 times
This illustrates the problem with democracy, the fact that people will always vote for their own self-interests.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:23 PM

894 posts, read 1,128,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I find this one more interesting

Deployed Troops Donating 6:1 to Obama | Vets for Obama (http://vetsforobama.org/2008/08/14/deployed-troops-donating-61-to-obama/ - broken link)

This is a shocking figure. While figures among military personnel overall are more evenly spread, donations from troops stationed overseas at the time of their donation have given $60,642 to Barack Obama’s campaign, compared to $10,665 for McCain.
Yes, and I'd bet any amount of money that the reason they donated this way was because Obama made a campaign promise that one of the first things he'd do if elected would be to bring those guys home. McCain wanted to leave them there and fight over there until 2025 or some kind of crap, if I remember.

Interesting to note, those guys are still over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies