Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 01:09 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times

Advertisements

No one got a tax cut they got a tax credit some that people had to pay back. They basically got a stimulus check that was spread out over the year. Instead of a 1 time check The amount this year has gone down from the amount last year. ( Bushs stimulus was actually more Obamas was 400.00 Bush gave out 600.00)

Also yes let me jump up and down for a couple extra dollars in my check when I get to help pay for the 670.341 BILLION in tax increases from democrats.

So I get a dollar in my check but pay out more for other taxes

I get a dollar but owe thousands more for my share of debt.

How about Obama keep the dollar and not increase the amount I owe the gov
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 01:14 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
This is the Washington Times--so you understand Fox isn't the only one making those statements.

EDITORIAL: Robbing Peter to pay Paul's health care - Washington
Times
Like the Heritage Foundation which is indeed a rightwing think tank that initiates a lot of the GOP talking points you read online. To say the Washington Times is mainstream is like saying the WSJ Editorial Section is mainstream.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:14 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No one got a tax cut they got a tax credit some that people had to pay back. They basically got a stimulus check that was spread out over the year. Instead of a 1 time check The amount this year has gone down from the amount last year. ( Bushs stimulus was actually more Obamas was 400.00 Bush gave out 600.00)

Also yes let me jump up and down for a couple extra dollars in my check when I get to help pay for the 670.341 BILLION in tax increases from democrats.

So I get a dollar in my check but pay out more for other taxes

I get a dollar but owe thousands more for my share of debt.

How about Obama keep the dollar and not increase the amount I owe the gov
Its the same as last year. $400 for an individual, $800 for a couple.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:17 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Tax CUTS?

Who got that?

All the out of work Americans ? No job, no tax .

The ones who still have a job and hanging onto what posessions they can are being taxed to death , so he is a liar as usual , just like the lie about bringing or troops home . Not a word from the anti-war liberals though ,or the stimulous money he complained about the other liar 'bush' was spending .

Old 04-16-2010, 01:26 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Its the same as last year. $400 for an individual, $800 for a couple.

The stimulus plan would give a $400 tax cut to individuals and an $800 cut to couples. That boils down to an extra $13 a week for most workers starting in June. It would fall to about $8 extra per week next January.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...umer-spending/

And not everyone got that 13.00 or the 8.00 some got less.

Last edited by Jadex; 04-16-2010 at 02:29 PM..

Old 04-16-2010, 01:27 PM

314 posts, read 189,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester.123 View Post
OBAMA: We cut taxes for 95 percent of working Americans just like I promised we would on the campaign. […] So I’ve been a little amused over the last couple days where people have been having these rallies about taxes. You would think they would be saying, “Thank you!” That’s what you’d think!

Think Progress » Obama on Tea Partiers: “You would think they would be saying, ‘Thank you’” for my tax cuts.

Those TP'ers will believe anything those Fox Pundits will spew. Remember, the GOP does not exactly have their constituents interest at heart, never had and never will.
Tax cuts for those people whose total contribution is less, in total, than that by the top 5%.

I have a "you" for you Obama, but there isn't a "thank" in it.

This national embarassement has done more damage to the U.S. in a little over a year, than Jimmy Carter has since he was elected to today, and that is a lot of damage.

The person occupying the office that is the leader of the free world repeatedly bows to other leaders of other countries, none as worthwhile as the U.S. An act that debases our country beyond belief.

The demonization of America's finest - our capitalists and our corporations, and success itself.

What arrogance comming from a rank amateur who is destroying not building, crippling, not assisting.

But your post was amusing.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:28 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Tax CUTS?

Who got that?

I paid less this year, even with a small increase in salary.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:34 PM

23,850 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester.123 View Post
OBAMA: We cut taxes for 95 percent of working Americans just like I promised we would on the campaign.
This was his campaign promise:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candidate Obama
Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.
Within a month of taking office, he signed the SCHIP bill into law, which included the two largest tax increases in U.S. history - one of which is costing me about $100/month.

Then, his signature campaign issue was signed into law - "health care reform." This legislation mandates that everyone have health insurance, and if they don't, they get fined. A fine that is enforced by the IRS. In other words, a tax.

He also has his sights set on Cap & Trade - the heaviest tax initiative on his agenda. If that passes, energy consumers (that's you and me) would see their energy bills "necessarily skyrocket" (Obama's words). It seems unlikely that C&T will pass today, but that's what we all thought about the health insurance bill a year ago.

Not only did the President outright lie on the campaign trail, he's still lying. We're supposed to be "thanking him" for the excess burdens he's placed on us? Get real.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:45 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Obama math----tax cuts while spending us into the grave. Who is going to pay for his spending? DUH, we aren't stupid. There is no money tree growing in our yards, we will have to come up with the money somehow.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:45 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
This is the Washington Times--so you understand Fox isn't the only one making those statements.

EDITORIAL: Robbing Peter to pay Paul's health care - Washington Times
Is this the bill the article mentions?

Official Summary

3/25/2009--Introduced.Community Living Assistance Services and Supports Act or the CLASS Act - Amends the Public Health Service Act to create a national, voluntary disability insurance program (CLASS program) under which:
(1) all employees are automatically enrolled, but are allowed to waive enrollment;
(2) payroll deductions pay monthly premiums; and
(3) two-tiered benefits are provided, based on the level of disability, to purchase nonmedical services and supports that the beneficiary needs to maintain independence. Establishes the Independence Fund within the Treasury. Requires the CLASS program to be treated for tax purposes in the same manner as a qualified long-term care insurance contract. Amends the Social Security Act to require each state to:
(1) assess the extent to which personal care services providers are serving or able to serve as fiscal agents, employers, and providers of employment-related benefits for personal care attendant workers, who provide personal care services to individuals receiving benefits under this Act;
(2) designate or create entities to serve such purposes; and
(3) ensure that such entities will not negatively alter or impede existing programs, models, methods, or administration of service delivery that provide for consumer controlled or self-directed home and community services, impede the ability of individuals to direct and control their home and community services, or inhibit individuals from relying on family members for such services. Requires the Secretary of Health and Human Services to establish a Personal Care Attendants Workforce Advisory Panel to examine and advise the Secretary and Congress on workforce issues related to personal care attendant workers. Amends the Internal Revenue Code to allow:
(1) a deduction for premiums paid for the CLASS program;
(2) a credit CLASS program enrollees with low income; and
(3) a credit for employers for the cost incurred to automatically enroll employees and withhold monthly premiums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies