Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 11:50 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,193 times

Advertisements

This may come as a shock to many Liberals but what seems to be a revelation to them has been common knowledge to most Conservatives for may years. TV is about advertising dollars. Shock jocks replaced news reporters 40 years ago because they're better for the bottom line. Here's a secret for ya. When you get all upset and the veins on your forehead are ready to blow, it's kind of fun to mess with you. In short, Beck's entire purpose is not to preach to Conservatives but to get under the skin of Liberals. Sometimes it's just too easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 11:57 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
That's right for of you who listen or watch him faithfully, he's pulling your leg - he's in it for the money. Facts be damned, and you think Hannity, Limbaugh and O'Reilly are any different?

Beck admits he doesn’t give ‘a flying crap about the political process. … We’re an entertainment company.’

Do you really want to go down that road of out of context? I mean, are you sure you want to go there? Or is it only acceptable for you to apply such and if others do it, its not "fair" boo hoo?

Seriously, peddle your garbage somewhere else.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:16 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Him being an entertainer..does not erase the truth..and the facts he is bringing to the public...<snip>
You mean like his ACORN sting using videos that were edited to
deceive his viewers....truth my arse.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:56 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,704,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
This may come as a shock to many Liberals but what seems to be a revelation to them has been common knowledge to most Conservatives for may years. TV is about advertising dollars. Shock jocks replaced news reporters 40 years ago because they're better for the bottom line. Here's a secret for ya. When you get all upset and the veins on your forehead are ready to blow, it's kind of fun to mess with you. In short, Beck's entire purpose is not to preach to Conservatives but to get under the skin of Liberals. Sometimes it's just too easy.

Bwahahahaha
Yeah, not so much.

People who have built empires as large as Beck's aren't in it for the fun of it. His "entire purpose" is to make money. He's accomplished such by instilling fear and despair in the unenlightened segment of the right wing, which is evidently a fairly large segment, judging by his ratings/book sales/etc and the incessant repetition of his inane talking points by so many of the aforementioned unenlightened folks who think that there's any truth to what he preaches.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:47 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Seriously, peddle your garbage somewhere else.
I am not peddling anything here, the information I provide is FREE. If you want to be a Glenn Beck minion, that's your choice, but I'm here to tell that for the most part Glenn Beck is FOS.

I am new here, please try to be more respectful.

~Pete

Old 04-09-2010, 08:46 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Bwahahahaha
Yeah, not so much.

People who have built empires as large as Beck's aren't in it for the fun of it. His "entire purpose" is to make money. He's accomplished such by instilling fear and despair in the unenlightened segment of the right wing, which is evidently a fairly large segment, judging by his ratings/book sales/etc and the incessant repetition of his inane talking points by so many of the aforementioned unenlightened folks who think that there's any truth to what he preaches.
I thought I just said that. Shock jocks make money by getting under people's skin. The guy is watched by he fringe right and by the left who seem to be afraid of him. That's salesmanship if I ever saw it. TV is all about making money.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:03 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,704,174 times
Quote:
I thought I just said that. Shock jocks make money by getting under people's skin. The guy is watched by he fringe right and by the left who seem to be afraid of him. That's salesmanship if I ever saw it. TV is all about making money.
Yes, many shock jocks do. They keep their audiences coming back through humor, sarcasm and by stirring up controversy.

Beck takes it a step (or ten) further. He keeps his audience coming back by incessant fear-mongering and stirring up hate among right wing idiots who can't think for themselves. They don't tune in every day to be entertained. They do it because they're so inept that they actually think he's keeping them "informed."

Old 04-09-2010, 09:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Beck is likely to find himself being sued for all he's worth, when one of his listeners decides to murder a politician. . . .
Has Beck said over and over that violence is not the direction to go? Since I watch him I can say that I hear him say that nearly every day. Now you people who take your words from Kos, ThinkProgress, MediaMatters, and HuffPo think that what they say is all truth. Watch him a time or two and find that you have been grossly mislead.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Morons who can't think for themselves, and need a clown to give them talking points to repeat like parrots.

Beck has said that smart people don't pay attention to him. He said you'd have to be an idiot to believe what he says. He tells his viewers that global warming is a hoax, but then tells an interviewer that you'd have to be an idiot to not see that global warming is occurring. He rants on and on and on about political process during his shows, but tells an interviewer that he could care less about political process (which proves that he just does it for the money/fame).

Yet, his lowbrow followers whine and cry that they "know he's just an entertainer" as they continue to bow at his feet and parrot his insane, irrational, illogical talking points.

Poor, pathetic followers.
And the last time you watched Beck on TV was ______________. Maybe you need to hear him talk a bit more and listen to ThinkProgress and MediaMatters a bit less. Really, if you don't hear him say things, it is hard to believe what they say. I listen to him every day and haven't heard much of the crap you put out that came from MediaMatters.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Joe, you didn't catch Beck today, did you? None of these others did either or they would know what the kids he had on today were saying. Mostly college kids with a few high school ones. Conservative to a man or woman.

It is too bad that people who never see him know so much about what he says day after day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies