Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 12:16 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
That's right for of you who listen or watch him faithfully, he's pulling your leg - he's in it for the money. Facts be damned, and you think Hannity, Limbaugh and O'Reilly are any different?

Beck admits he doesn’t give ‘a flying crap about the political process. … We’re an entertainment company.’

First off, I don't have cable/satellite or even a television for that matter so, I don't watch Glenn Beck. I have seen the show a few times while over a friend or relative's house.

That being said, instead of linking to an article at Think Progress titled (which is actually two quotes taken out of context):

Quote:
Beck admits he doesn't give 'a flying crap about the political process. ...We're an entertainment company'
Why not just go straight to Forbes where the whole story is (instead reading just a few quotes from it....taken out of context):

Glenn Beck Inc - Forbes.com

When you go to Forbes, the title at the top of the page is quite different than the title of this thread:

Quote:
In his empire there's the ideology--and then there's the money machine
It talks about Glenn Beck Inc.....a quote from the Forbes article:

Quote:
"We're an entertainment company," Beck says. He has managed to monetize virtually everything that comes out of his mouth. He gets $13 million a year from print (books plus the ten-issue-a-year magazine Fusion). Radio brings in $10 million. Digital (including a newsletter, the ad-supported Glennbeck.com and merchandise) pulls in $4 million. Speaking and events are good for $3 million and television for $2 million. Over several days in mid-March Beck allowed a reporter to follow him through his multimedia incarnations, with one exception, his 5 p.m. daily show on Fox News, which attracts just under 3 million viewers.
Even the Think Progress article doesn't say he's in it for the money or that he's pulling anyone's leg though.....so, I guess facts aren't damned....that's just an assumption you're making.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 12:18 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,250 times
This must be why the people who watch him also don't give "a flying crap about the political process" Birds of a feather flock together.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:22 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,167 times
It's not that hard, folks. The corporate mass media is in it for the profit, not to enlighten the public. They research and choose certain demographics that seem accessible, then tell them what they think they want to hear. If it works, they run with it. Beck is the most obvious manifestation of this. It happens on "both sides," it's just that he's the most willing to eschew reality in order to maintain his influence and paycheck.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:25 AM

1,089 posts, read 654,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think I will wait to see what Forbes says and not take the word of ThinkProgress for it. I have found ThinkProgress to be a little bit too far left leaning in the past and I know it was created to take "care" of Beck and others like him. This is a typical hatchet job from them.
Okay, here you go:

Glenn Beck Inc - Forbes.com

Old 04-09-2010, 12:36 AM

1,089 posts, read 654,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
Even the Think Progress article doesn't say he's in it for the money or that he's pulling anyone's leg though.....so, I guess facts aren't damned....that's just an assumption you're making.
It's not and assuption, he took a speech that Barack Obama gave on Chicago radio and chopped it up making sound like he hated the Constitution. He gave the conservatives exactly want they wanted.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:50 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,085 times
GB is never attacked on substance by the Obama regime..because he is correct.and they know it...they can only attempt character assassination. America has a malevolent and underhanded enemy but he is not on the GB show.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:51 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times
Quote:
It's not and assuption, he took a speech that Barack Obama gave on Chicago radio and chopped it up making sound like he hated the Constitution. He gave the conservatives exactly want they wanted.
What in the h*ll does that have to do with the Think Progress article? That's what the thread is about! It's an assumption by the OP that he's in it for the money and that he's pulling your leg based on anything in the Think Progress article.....the article says nothing like that.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:07 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,029,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
May I ask how many minutes of Beck you saw either today or yesterday (Wednesday or Thursday)? I don't think you need answer since I know the answer is zero.
So today and yesterday he apologized and made up for all the deliberate falsehoods, distortions and logical fallacies his sheepy viewers fell for throughout his career? Didn't think so. So what's today and yesterday have to do with his track record of being a career propaganda puppet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
GB is never attacked on substance by the Obama regime..because he is correct.and they know it...they can only attempt character assassination. America has a malevolent and underhanded enemy but he is not on the GB show.
Actually he never has substance (logical substance that makes sense at least) yet so many people don't know what a logical fallacy is and eat up every non sequitur he writes on his chalkboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Beck
"If you take what I say as gospel, you're an idiot."
It's obvious he doesn't care about his country as much as the money he makes because he knows so many people do take what he says as gospel, and he knows it's not good for the country; yet he plays the game every day and tries to save face with too-little-too-late quotes like the above.

Last edited by LogicIsYourFriend; 04-09-2010 at 01:16 AM..

Old 04-09-2010, 02:09 AM

805 posts, read 773,940 times
Talking Beck is red Hot / ObaMao is doodly-squat

Quote:
That's right for of you who listen or watch him faithfully, he's pulling your leg - he's in it for the money. Facts be damned, and you think Hannity, Limbaugh and O'Reilly are any different?

Beck admits he doesn’t give ‘a flying crap about the political process. … We’re an entertainment company.’

Yeah right! Like we're supposed to take what ?Think? "Progress" has to say about Beck as gospel!? gimme a break!

You are obviously a leftist with an agenda to keep the few Americans who are not aware of what's going on from watching Beck. What's the matter? Afraid you might learn something?

The left wants to dump America, Our Constitution, and the Religious Foundations on which this nation was built into the toilet!

Beck and other Patriots are here to stop you!

America was not Founded on Leftist ideals.
So stinky leftist take your dumb ideas, mount your asse and run Venezuela.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:18 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,702,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
Yeah right! Like we're supposed to take what ?Think? "Progress" has to say about Beck as gospel!? gimme a break!

You are obviously a leftist with an agenda to keep the few Americans who are not aware of what's going on from watching Beck. What's the matter? Afraid you might learn something?

The left wants to dump America, Our Constitution, and the Religious Foundations on which this nation was built into the toilet!

Beck and other Patriots are here to stop you!

America was not Founded on Leftist ideals.
So stinky leftist take your dumb ideas, mount your asse and run Venezuela.

Oh, the irony...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies