Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 09:37 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
what is yoru obsession with that sex act
I think you have typed "sex act" more on this forum than anyone.

Obsession - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 09:41 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I really can't believe Tea Baggers are upset by the name, Let's say you are a Tea Party member and someone calls you a Tea Bagger, if you are upset by this I would assume that you think of being on the receiving end of a tea bagging. If you have pride in your new party and someone calls you a Tea Bagger so what, you don't see yourself as a victim of tea bagging but the perpetrator of tea bagging. Only members with an inferiorty complex would take the term "tea bagger", as derogatory comment... Which pretty much sums up ones thoughts on its party.
I bet you would be surpirsed why black do not like the n word.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:41 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I really can't believe Tea Baggers are upset by the name, Let's say you are a Tea Party member and someone calls you a Tea Bagger, if you are upset by this I would assume that you think of being on the receiving end of a tea bagging. If you have pride in your new party and someone calls you a Tea Bagger so what, you don't see yourself as a victim of tea bagging but the perpetrator of tea bagging. Only members with an inferiorty complex would take the term "tea bagger", as derogatory comment... Which pretty much sums up ones thoughts on its party.
Your post makes no practical sense and it is one to which attempts to rationalize the use of such to justify your claim. It is an ignorant process of reasoning, void of any intelligent conclusions and follows a line of reasoning that is dismissive and inflammatory. It serves no purpose other than to incite emotional reaction while you avoid dealing with the content of discussion itself.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:43 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I think you have typed "sex act" more on this forum than anyone.

Obsession - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Well when you post th scoreboard then I will say i used the temr more than anyone.Also post the scoreboard on those using denigrating term for the tea party movement

Old 03-28-2010, 09:44 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
They did? You come to this conclusion based on what? The Tea Party is named after our history and the relevance of it to issues in objection currently.

As for others using like derogatory comments, is that justification for you doing such? Seems more to the level of an excuse than a proper reason?

I do not use these words, I do not call people cute pet names and apply stupid references as they detract from the issue. So, we will not call it a draw as I am not of merit to receive such condemnation. So when others use that term to describe me, they are doing such without proper reason, without justification and it displays them as insulting, ignorant, immature people.
See post #45. I don't use most of those words, either. But I believe the only conservative on this forum who has ever called out a poster for using "hussein", Barry Soetoro, etc, is Chatteress. The rest all either condone it, excuse it, or give it tacit approval.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:26 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,155,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Then go after the substance.
There is none.

Quote:
Whatever your personal opinions of the word "Teabagger" is, it DOES hinder debate, as seen in many a thread on here. Now, the tone coming from the opposition is often just as bad, but that's no reason to behave like a child, you are responsible for yourself, not others.
Actually there is a reason to dish it back. Liberals thought for many years that the best approach was to stay above the fray. That has cost them too many elections. We now subscribe to the theory of the fictional character, Jimmy Malone, "He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!" The t-baggers are a fountain of insulting slogans and names. When they stop, I'll stop.

Quote:
With that said, if you think honestly think it's a valid political point to refer to the people in this movement by that word, then that's on you, but it says more about your ability to "engage i meaningful debate" than theirs.
Actually the fact that it irritates them is reason enough. I've never met a t-bagger who had sufficient command of economics that in intelligent discussion was possible. As I said they are the embodiment of Sarah Palin. Great slogans and nothing else.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:41 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I bet you would be surpirsed why black do not like the n word.
Blacks call eachother that all the time, its only when whites say it is it a problem. So if one Tea party member calls another one tea bagger it must be O.K. Now your talking about some people can offend and some people can't. I can't be offended by the N word remember, sticks and stones

Old 03-28-2010, 10:44 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
See post #45. I don't use most of those words, either. But I believe the only conservative on this forum who has ever called out a poster for using "hussein", Barry Soetoro, etc, is Chatteress. The rest all either condone it, excuse it, or give it tacit approval.
Post #45 lays claim to such, but I see no validation to their claim. /shrug

As for others using it, I don't approve of such and I have let it be known in threads where it was key to the topic.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:50 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
They did? You come to this conclusion based on what? The Tea Party is named after our history and the relevance of it to issues in objection currently.
The only thing the "t-party" has to do with our history is attempting to hi-jack it for their own selfish purposes.

The colonists objection to the British tax, was they felt that it was against their rights, to be taxed by those other then their elected representatives.

We still have elections. We still elected our representatives. No taxes from off shore on the citizens.

So the "t-party" does not have anything to do with our history.

Unless you consider a bunch of whinny, ugly Americans as a main feature of our history.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:55 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
But what ARE the Facts
what IS the truth
Those are also perceptions

You claim they wont, I think your side refuses to see the truth

Who is right?

The "reality is just a concept" argument?

Next!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies